This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

5 Day Camping Itinerary - South East Eire

5 Day Camping Itinerary - South East Eire

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)I'm hooked (594 reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 24 Mar 2016 12:52 PM Visits: 12
I am travelling in Eire in June doing the above 5 day itinerary and would like to know if any one knows of camp-sites for overnight stops.
I shall be staying at Wexford the first night and am thinking of Ferry Bank as it has a good write up. Then the 2nd night will be Kilmore Quay, 3rd night Waterford, 4th night Kilkenny Castle, 5th night Huntington Castle and finally Curracloe, before catching the ferry back from Rosslare. I and my friends have never been to Ireland before and are clueless.
We need sites for a motorhome and tent.  As these will just be overnight stops, we don’t need a lot of facilities, but toilet/showers and waste would be essential. Hoping you can help.
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 8:38 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (865 reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 20 Mar 2018 11:16 AM Visits: 8
Hello Diane,
If you wish to push your journey slightly up North to Wicklow, you will find there a few caravan and camping sites, either along the coast, or in the Wicklow Mountains.  Check the following website for further info:  
http://visitwicklow.ie/map-box/?category=401
There are plenty to do and see in the area:  http://visitwicklow.ie/
Hope this helps
Regards
Fred
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 9:48 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 28 Aug 2018 3:06 PM Visits: 84
Hi Diane,  There are over 100 caravan & camping parks throughout Ireland.  You will find details on approximately 90 in the Ireland 2016 Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Guide which you can order online through our website www.campingireland.ie  We also have an App with details on all the sites - Camping Ireland.  All the sites have facilities for tents, caravans & motorhomes.  They have been inspected and are all approved quality sites
Kind regards

Aideen - Camping Ireland
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 10:39 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 21 Oct 2016 4:51 PM Visits: 316
Hi Diane, welcome to Community :).

Ireland is a prefect location to experience a camping holiday, as you will have no trouble in finding a suitable campsite on any travel itinerary. Please refer to the link in the above post, as you find all information on many of Ireland's top camping sites and the facilities they have to offer.

Be sure to also explore Ireland's Ancient East region, as you will discover over 5000 years of awesome history around every corner. 

Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 11:42 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)Community Expert (36.7K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:59 PM Visits: 8.9K
Hi Diane,
please also take a look at the below posts & replies:I hope you will have a fantastic trip.
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 11:45 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Esteemed User
Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)Esteemed User (2.7K reputation)
Ireland, Wexford
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 9 Jan 2017 9:53 PM Visits: 235
Hi Dianne, 
If you are traveling to Ireland Via Rosslare there is 2 beautiful Caravan and camping parks only 10 mins drive from there. Both cater for motorhomes and tents. 1 is Carne Holiday Park and the other is St Margarets Caravan Park. The beauty of these to locations is they are both located within a minutes walk to the beach. They both have all facilities with Carne having a Pub with live music nightly and lovely pub food plus a chipper. 
You kind find more details on the camping Ireland website as mentioned in a previous post. 
Regards, 
Paul 
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 1:44 PM
Question