Which festivals capture your interest?

Which festivals capture your interest?

Author
Posted Fri 28 Jul 2017 1:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Summer means Festival season in Ireland!

Galway International Arts Festival is finishing soon.
Not to worry, there are more coming up. Any festivals you always wanted to go to?

Maybe you can recommend one?
We will love hearing some of your festival memories - pictures are also welcome 

I will share you mine later! 😄
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:18 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Well, when it comes to festivals, I think it's fair to say that Doolin comes into its own :)  We do love a good party down here...
The Doolin Folk Festival  is now heading for its 6th year, well established as a premier music event in the Irish calendar, every June the town comes alive with sessions springing up in every corner, as well as the world-class folk musicians in the tent and the newer bands up in the White Horse sessions, there is something for every ear..

Next up is the  Doolin Craft Beer & Roots Festival: Aug 25 - 28, with the best roots acts from around the country and abroad, Ireland's top craft beers and local artisan food.  Come on down and party with us, sure the craic is mighty altogether!!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/31-07-2017/8329676c-4bcc-419c-9b2e-5784.png

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 9 Aug 2017 12:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
I said I will share my favorite festival so here we go!

My favorite festival is the Fleadh!
I join thousands of people every year around the end of August to enjoy the music and the atmosphere.

This festival is also a great occasion for me to travel around the Island - as the festival change locations, meet new people and sometimes try to join a session!

Direction Ennis this year - might come and check the Doolin festival too :)

Here are some pics of talented young musicians along the main street.
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/09-08-2017/21534ff7-7dc6-41dc-a295-b492.jpg