This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Working Holiday - Jobs with Tour Operators

Working Holiday - Jobs with Tour Operators

Author
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (665 reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 7 Aug 2017 1:40 PM Visits: 6
I'm very anxious to start a new adventure in Ireland for two years on the Working Holiday Program. In Vancouver, Canada I am a Tour Guide and Travel Consultant, now looking to bring over my experience and skills to Ireland. However, given the seasonality of Ireland's tourism industry and weather dependance, I am trying to evaluate when is a good time to arrive in an effort to pursue tourism sales positions. 

Ideally, I am looking at coming in October, but am also considering April of 2018 given the expected seasonality of Ireland's Tourism Industry. Does any have any thoughts? Are tour operators looking to fill sales roles over the winter in advance of the season? Is it better to wait for spring 2018, or come in October? 
Posted Sun 6 Aug 2017 8:15 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 4 Jul 2019 1:12 PM Visits: 816
Hello, Jason.

This is very exciting!  I am sure that some of our other Community members will have some valuable information to share with you to best determine how to proceed with your plans.

Have you got your sights set on anywhere in particular throughout the island?

Best,

Colin
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 9:38 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (665 reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 7 Aug 2017 1:40 PM Visits: 6
To be honest, I haven't looked into all the areas and history just yet. As a tour guide in Vancouver, I haven't really had much time during our peak season here. But I can tell you that I am very interested in exploring the whole island, as I have friends in Cork, Dublin, Wicklow, Belfast (UK - I know), and elsewhere. I'm open to living anywhere to start, as I'm more interested in settling in and looking for work first before spending my savings on travel. However, I plan to explore as much as possible from the Cliffs of Moher to Guinness Brewery to Ring of Kerry, and historic Irish castles. Do you have any suggestions on best ways to travel for an independent or solo traveller in Ireland? I haven't looked into all of that yet, because I am not sure what my travel budget will be. 

I plan to use Ireland as a base to work, and travel around Europe. There are many countries I wish to visit and explore, so I will have to pick certain regions.
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 1:42 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)Community Expert (41.7K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 4 Jul 2019 1:12 PM Visits: 816
Hi Jason,

Completely understandable.  There's certainly no shortage of some excellent places throughout our wee island waiting to be explored. There are some wonderful ready-made itineraries that you are very welcome to browse through, that cover different areas of the Emerald Isle.

There are a number of transport options such as public transport and vehicle rental if you wish to explore freely.  There is also, of course, the option to book tours through tour operators, should a more organised approach be more convenient for you.  Do you have a particular preference?  

It sounds like quite an exciting adventure and an excellent way to explore what the world has to offer!

All the best,

Colin
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 2:05 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)Community Expert (24.4K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 4:03 PM Visits: 4K
Hi, Jason,

How is the planning going?
I know you were looking for a job too, hope you found what you were looking for.

Do not hesitate to ask us more question; we have many members that can help you make the most of your holiday in Ireland.

Elodie
Posted Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:49 AM
Question