Searching my family tree

Searching my family tree

Author
Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 5:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello my name is Donna Jean Colvard and I am trying to see if I have Ireland  roots... I have been told all my life, that I am Irish...
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 9:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Donna Jean,

We love to hear that people are looking to trace their Irish roots!

The best place to start with your research is to establish a good paper trail of Birth, Marriage, and Death certifications, starting with your own and your parents and their parents and so forth.

There are a number of previous community posts on Helpful Resources and a Three Step Guide that would be wonderful reference points as well.

Have you ever taken a DNA test?

I am sure other members will have some helpful suggestions to help you on your way. 

Speak soon,

Martin