This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Hiking out of Galway City

Hiking out of Galway City

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)I'm hooked (482 reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 10 Apr 2016 11:11 PM Visits: 1
We are flying into Dublin, taking the train to Galway for a few days.  Any suggested day hikes before we move on to the Limerick area?  We will combining hiking with the train.  Thanks.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 2016 11:14 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 29 Jun 2016 11:27 AM Visits: 295
Hi Marilyn, welcome to the forum! :D

There are plenty of options if you’re looking for a hike trip in the Galway area. The Irish Trails website has an overview of trails in Galway, varying in distance and difficulty. Most of these trails cannot be reached by rail – you would need the services of Bus Eireann instead.

Another idea is to get a ferry to one of the Aran Islands, and do a bit of hiking there. These islands are packed with stunning scenery and interesting history, I really enjoyed spending time on Inis Mór! There is a shuttle bus from Galway to the port.

I hope this helps, just give me a shout if there’s anything else I can do for you!

Posted Mon 11 Apr 2016 8:39 AM
Question