John Mara Collett

John Mara Collett

Author
Posted Sat 9 Jun 2018 12:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
John Mara Collett is my great great grandfather. He owned a business in Clonmel in the 1840's. He was a corn merchant and miller and his business was at 110 Irishtown. One of his sons was William Thomas Robert Collett born in Sept. 1849 probably in Clonmel. If anyone has more information about these people or other family members I would appreciate you sharing it.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Jun 2018 9:20 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Marilyn,

Lovely to see you have such strong information already, are you just starting your research into your Irish roots?
You can find some great additional resources on our website, as well as at Ireland Family History an advisory Facebook Page.

Another great resource is the website of the voluntary group Ireland Reaching Out, who endeavour to reunite the descendants of Irish emigrants with their roots through reverse genealogical research.

Also be sure to check out Irish Genealogy, to cover all bases.

I really hope that this helps with your research; best of luck!