Figuring out best walking route for Cork

Figuring out best walking route for Cork

Author
Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 10:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi,
Is there an online program that would help to determine the best walking route to see the things we want to see in Cork? Visitacity.com has been great for figuring out best walking (and if necessary bus) routes for things we're seeing in Dublin. I'm hoping something similar exists for Cork? 
It would just make things so much easier to plan...We're coming by city bus into Cork from the Blarney Castle and planning on visiting the English Market, Red Abbey, Cork Museum/Fitzgerald Park, and maybe the shops on Paul Street (pedestrian only areas?). So need to figure out the most logical order to visit things.

Thanks,
Kathleen
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 23 Jun 2018 10:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Kathleen, 

It's great that you're planning on exploring Ireland's cities on foot! I have found a few walks which I think you might like.

Cork City Council has developed a series of 4 self guided walks called Cork Walks, each with their own theme. The South Parish Walk takes you along the English Market and Red Abbey, The City Centre Island Walk goes along Paul Street and Fitzgerald Park, and the University Walk goes past the Cork Museum. 

I hope this helps you plan out the best route! Also, have you seen the Discovery Trails for Dublin yet? :) 

Happy weekend! 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 29 Nov 2018 10:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Kathleen!

Did you find out any particular walking trail to explore Cork? If you're still planning a nice walk in and around the city, I would like to suggest having a look at the Irish Trails website, there are several lovely paths to enjoy!

Keep us posted.

Francesco

Tags