Honeymoon help

Honeymoon help

Author
Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 9:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I’m getting married next October and my fiancée wants our honeymoon to be in Ireland. I’ve never planned a trip like this so are there any travel agencies that could be recommended? Any help at all would be appreciated.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Timothy,

Are you planning on visiting the North of Ireland within your trip, we have beautiful beaches, stunning Castles and more to offer. If you need more help you can contact me at frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk.

Regards Frances
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 1:15 PM
View Quick Profile
I am happy to help you plan a trip anywhere in Ireland.  I have been conducting tours and helping individuals plan their trips in Ireland since 1998. 

Please feel free to contact me at Info@timetraveltours.com 

Thank you,
Ginger
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 2:58 PM
View Quick Profile
She is wanting to see Giants Causeway, find O’Boyle Castle(since her maiden name is O’Boyle), and do a flyover so she could be on the Cliffs of Moher.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Timothy,

That could all be arranged no problem, is that a helicopter fly over she would like. We operate a short distance away from the Giants Causewsy. Send me an e-mail and I will put together an itinerary for you.

Kind Regards
Frances
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 7 hours ago Visits: 2.4K
Hi Timothy,

I'm delighted to hear that your fiancé wishes to visit the Giant's Causeway during your honeymoon in Ireland.  The UNESCO World Heritage Site has legendary rock formations, a visitor centre, café, fantastic bird watching, flowers and wildlife.  If you proceed along the foreshore after exploring the 40,000 hexagonal basalt columns, you will arrive at the Shepherd's Steps and from there you can get up to the cliff path where you can walk in an easterly direction for miles taking in the views of some of Europe's finest cliff scenery, Rathlin Island and on a good day, Scotland beyond.  If you walk far enough you will come upon the remnants of Dunsevrick Castle, which was an important ancient fortification on the Causeway Coast.  Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, Dunluce Castle and Bushmills Whiskey Distillery are all nearby waiting to be explored.  Dotted along the coastline are film locations for the Game of Thrones series and if you are interested in viewing them there is a guided coach tour that takes in each of the locations.  

To find out more about the area please visit our web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com 

Every good wish for your forthcoming wedding and I hope you have an unforgettable honeymoon in Ireland!

Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:45 PM
View Quick Profile
The only O'Boyle castle I know of is in  Maghera, Ardara, Donegal.  It is a ruin that sits out on the peninsula. They were an early sept or Chieftains in Donegal and tied into the O'Donnells and are listed extensively in the Annals of the Four Masters, an early medieval historical record.  There was another prominent family Boyle that would have come over from England, but they are two different families. 

I would suggest including Donegal in your itinerary to include the castle and the remote area for a few days if possible.   What time of the year are you planning for the honeymoon?

A note on the flyover: weather dependent in Ireland for any type of helicopter travel on the coasts. 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Best wishes,
Ginger