Tracing Bangor Relations

Tracing Bangor Relations

Author
Posted Thu 6 Sep 2018 12:31 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, 

I am trying to trace potential relatives who I believe live in Bangor, County Down. They are Kathleen Hazlett Barr and Roland Victor Barr who can be found in the electoral rolls for BT20. I'm not quite sure how to go about searching for them or making contact with them, I've looked at online directories but have had no luck. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Rohan
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Sep 2018 10:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 4:14 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Rohan.

I'm glad that you joined our Community. To help in tracing your relatives in Ireland, I'd like to point you out to 192.com and search for Roland Barr.

I hope you will find this information useful. Should you need anything else, please let us know. 

Regards,

Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Sep 2018 12:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. I had looked on 192.com and found Roland and Kathleen Barr but am not sure how to go about making contact with them. I tried finding a Bangor forum online or maybe a Bangor facebook page where I could ask if anyone knew of the Barr family, but I could not find one. 

Rohan
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Sep 2018 3:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Rohan, 

Have you tried getting in touch with the local online and printed newspapers yet? The County Down Spectator and Belfast Live are the biggest news outlets in the area, and they both have Facebook pages as well. Hopefully they will be able to point you in the right direction! 

In addition, you could also try to locate them via Ireland Reaching Out, where great volunteers attempt to connect Irish descendants to their roots, through reverse genealogical research. 

Keep us posted on your findings, and if there's anything else you need, just give us a shout. 

Wishing you the best of luck on your search, 

Melin