9 dias en Irlanda Octubre

9 dias en Irlanda Octubre

Author
Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 12:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello! My partner and I are going to travel Ireland from 9 to 15 October. We've already rented a car and want to explore the island. We want to spend a couple of days in Dublin will be the last before we leave and go to Northern Ireland to visit the Giants Causeway. Besides, we have the list of things we would like to do / visit the following:
- Cliffs Moher
- Limerick
- Ring of Kerry thought we had to drive the whole route and sleep at the end of it, but I wonder if it's penalty or should go somewhere more specifically , and spend more time.
- Cork / Kilkenny
- Wicklow
We would like to know if at that time there will be some festival or party during those days.
Do not know if we would allow time to visit everything from the list in 6 days, since the last 3 have booked to Dublin and North Irlanada. We would like to know if they think it can do it all or if there is something that is more "dispensable". We've left out Sligo, Galway Cong and so we we would like to give up more ... I wish we traveled more time.

Thanks in advance!
Laura

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 3:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K

Dear Laura,

I'm delighted to hear that you are planning a trip to the Giant's Causeway from Dublin.  The road from Dublin to Belfast via the M1 and A1 is excellent and should take less than 2 hours.

From Belfast, for the best scenery, take the Causeway Coastal Route going through Carrickfergus, Cushendall, Cushendun, Ballycastle and round the Northern coastline to Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge at Ballintoy.  The scenery is beautiful and on the way you will pass some golden beaches, castles, the Glens of Antrim and some Game of Thrones filming locations.  There should be plenty of chances for photo opportunities and on a good day the coastline of Scotland is clearly visible.  From the Rope Bridge it is a short drive to the Giant's Causeway.  If you have time you may also wish to visit Dunluce Castle.  It is located about 5 miles from the Causeway and is a very popular tourist attraction.

You mentioned if there will be any festivals taking place during your visit.  Perhaps I might suggest a festival with a difference! On the 12th and 13th October, the Northern Ireland Potato Festival is taking place at the Giant's Causeway.  This is a free event celebrating the area's unique potato heritage and also coincides with the National Trust free open day at the Giant's Causeway.

It will be a big day out and hopefully you will be able to look back on it as a very memorable part of your holiday!

Best Wishes,
Alison

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 6:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Laura!

I recommend you not to be too ambitious about your itinerary, as you will end up spending many hours on the road and not enjoying our beautiful landscapes or cities.

Visit Dublin in 2 days is a great idea, you can adapt our itinerary suggestion to suit you.

After that, it will take you less than 2 hours to get to Belfast. From there you can follow our friend's advice and drive along the Causeway Coastal Route and visit the Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-rede bridge and Dunluce Castle. Depending on the stops you would like to do and the hours you are willing to drive, you can go to Galway that same day, or spend the night in Derry-Londonderry for example.

The following day you can walk around Galway for a quick sightseeing and head to the Cliffs of Moher, where you can spend the rest of the day, and stay overnight in Limerick. From there, and on your way to the Ring of Kerry, I recommend you to do a quick stop in Adare, one of Ireland's most beautiful villages.

You can dedicate a full day to the Ring of Kerry, there are many stops along the way you can visit, like Killarney National Park, Moly's Gap or Kenmare.

Then you will only have 1 day left to return to Dublin for your flight back, so if you want to visit Cork, Kilkenny or Wicklow I will advice you to drop some places from your itinerary and go for your unmissable ones.

If you need any more suggestions just let me know. También podemos facilitarte ayuda en español.

Marta ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Sep 2018 1:16 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Muchas gracias por vuestros consejos! 

Organizaremos la ruta con esta información :)

Saludos, 

Laura
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 1 Dec 2018 11:41 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hola, Laura:

Espero todo esté bien.

Escribo para saber, ¿Cómo te fue en el viaje?  ¿Que lograste ver y hacer en esos días? ¿tiene fotos o consejos para compartir?, puede seguir escribiendo en el hilo o puede abrir un nuevo hilo en Cuenta su historia.

Edwin ☘️