Best way to travel to Ashford in County Wicklow?

Best way to travel to Ashford in County Wicklow?

Author
Posted Tue 23 Oct 2018 1:49 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,
I'll be in Ireland on a business trip in November, staying in Dublin. But I need to travel one day down to the Tiglin Challenge campus in Ashford in County Wicklow with a group of 7 people, including 3 older folks and one baby. What is the best way to travel there for such a group? 
I'm thinking we may need to hire a car and driver, but not sure.
Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 23 Oct 2018 8:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Jamie,

How lovely to hear you'll be spending time on our green isle. Both public transport and hiring a car or minibus with driver are very viable options for your trip.

Ashford is reasonably close to Dublin, about an hour-and-a-half if you take public transport and a little over an hour by car. Depending on the mobility of your group, it would be possible to take bus 133 from Dublin to Ashford, which would also allow you to enjoy the countryside. However, travelling with a baby might be less practical on the bus.

Many of our approved partners will be happy to help you find the best way to get from Dublin to Ashford, and often you will be able to find a company that will also provide you with a tour guide chauffeur to tell you about the sights you may see along the way!

Will you be returning to Dublin on the same day?

Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 2:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Jamie,

What date are you travelling? Just email me on sandra@irishcoaches.ie and I'll get a price for a car and driver for you. Let me know if you have a car seat for the baby or if you need to hire one. I can allocate a driver guide for your trip so that you get some commentary about the surrounding area while you are travelling.

Regards,

Sandra.