I'm planning on visiting Ireland for the Christmas markets - what are they like?

I'm planning on visiting Ireland for the Christmas markets - what are...

Author
Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 9:59 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
It’s hard to believe that it’s already December, what a year it’s been! As the big day approaches, there may be a few people who are still trying to find the perfect presents for their loved ones, and Christmas markets in Ireland are the best place to go.

The Christmas markets in Ireland are a great place to pick up a few last minute presents for the family and wow them with some extraordinary gifts. Go for something that’s one of a kind and you’re sure to leave them feeling special.

It’s almost too hard to choose which market to visit as each has their own unique local stalls and Christmas traditions.

One of the most popular markets on the island, the Belfast Christmas Market transforms Belfast City Hall into a winter wonderland. Filled with beautiful handcrafted gifts and artisan food that makes your mouth water, from creamy Belgian chocolates to scrumptious French crêpes, the Belfast Christmas market has something for everyone.

Need something for all the family to enjoy? Try the Galway Christmas Market. Jam-packed with stalls, a gorgeously festive Christmas tree and thrilling fairground rides, there’s entertainment on every corner! Warm up with some delicious hot chocolate, sample some bratwurst, or peruse the aisles for the perfect quirky gifts.

But the fun doesn’t stop there! On your next visit to Dublin city, why not try the Dublin Flea Christmas Market? The stalls are a showcase of the artistic and creative talent in Ireland and it’s filled with vintage and retro products - a great stocking filler for that special someone!

Or step out a little further from the city centre to the Dun Laoghaire Christmas Market, where you can purchase some beautiful vintage gifts or ride the Ferris wheel and look out onto the moonlit harbour.

There are any number of Christmas markets that you can visit on your next visit to Ireland, you’re almost spoilt for choice!

Can our community members recommend any Christmas markets for our readers?

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:35 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
If you are planning to visit Ireland for the Christmas market then first I would like to say welcome because I am from Dublin, Ireland. There are so many things to do in Ireland on Christmas

Here I am sharing top 5 Christmas Markets of Ireland-
1. The Galway Christmas MarketChristmas in Galway’
2. Belfast Continental Christmas Market
3. Winterval Waterford
4. Glow: A Cork Christmas Celebration
5. Wicklow Christmas Market

Also If you want to buy unique handmade gifts on Christmas then Market Street is the best online store of Ireland.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 17 Oct 2019 3:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Everyone, 

I was looking at information for the Christmas Market in Dublin this year and it seems to be some changes compared to last year. 

Other people might be looking for information too so I thought I would share with everyone here what I found. 

There is a couple of events happening so the easiest is probably to share with you this blog post which seems to include all the events

Hope this helps 😁
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 20 Oct 2019 2:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Along with all of the major Christmas markets mentioned, the Limerick Milk Market not only has a wonderful market all year round but hopefully will see the return of their Christmas Market starting in December for a few weekends.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 Oct 2019 12:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Wow - so much to check out this holiday season!  

The Galway Christmas Market/Celebration has always been my favourite but I am going to branch out this year - with all the different options, I may happily run out of time! 🎄🎁
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 Oct 2019 12:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello there,

It's great to see so many wee market options for Christmas! 🎄          

My absolute favourite one would be the Cork Christmas Market, GLOW!

A real must for those looking for Christmas presents with a wide selection of stalls from Ireland and all over the world.

A great recommendation to enjoy entertainment in abundance, fantastic shopping options and amazing food! :D

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 24 Oct 2019 7:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Mi mercado de Navidad preferido es el de Belfast, que este año se inaugura el 16 de noviembre y estará abierto hasta el 22 de diciembre.

Es el sitio perfecto para comprar algún regalo, probar comida de muchos países diferentes (Grecia, Italia, Alemania, Jamaica, España, Francia...) e incluso tomar una pinta o vino especiado caliente en su carpa cubierta.

Al estar situado en los jardines del ayuntamiento, no tiene pérdida y puede ser el inicio o final de cualquier visita a la ciudad.

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 2:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Holaaaa.. tengo un viaje en los proximos dias a Dublin yqueria saber cuando es el encendido navideño en la ciudad y sus mercadillos navideños,,,,,  a ver si con un poco de suerte esta la ciudad iluminada ya cuando vaya... GRACIIASSSS
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Hola, Mónica.

Dublín ya está preparada para celebrar la Navidad. Ya se ha comenzado el encendido de algunas luces a lo largo de la ciudad, ¡así que estará engalanada para cuando la visites! ¿Ya tienes pensado qué hacer una vez estés en Dublín?

Por último, no me gustaría despedirme sin recomendarte que le echaras un vistazo a este artículo: Mercadillos Navideños en Irlanda. ¡No todo acaba en Dublín! 😉

¡Quizás haya más gente que pueda proporcionarte ideas para este periodo tan especial!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Dec 2019 5:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Team, 
Where within Dublin is the Christmas Market located? 
Thanks and best regards