Visiting Gardens throughout Ireland

Visiting Gardens throughout Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 4 Jan 2019 6:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi, just to let people know about a new App, which is currently available on Android phones.
Total Gardens Ireland - find it on the App Store.
It is great for planning trips as you can get idea of where they all are in relation to each other. Also, if you are in an area you can see if there is one nearby. All gardens available to visit, Public Gardens, Privately owned. Some require an appointment and some will be open at certain days only.

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 4 Jan 2019 8:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Christine, 

Thanks so much for suggesting this app! It looks super helpful, and I am definitely going to try it out on a future garden trip. :)

Do you have a favourite garden on the Emerald Isle? 

Warm regards,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Jan 2019 9:00 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Melin,
Hopefully you installed the App. It will also be available on iPhone this Summer.
I've been visiting the gardens of Ireland with my husband for many years. It's hard to pick a favourite, but I must say Mount Stewart in Co. Down, owned by the National Trust, is glorious any time of year.
When we travel North to South we always stop at Ardgillan, hard to believe this beautiful place is Free, it has the most fantastic Rose Garden and magnificent flower borders.
There is also the option of a tour of Ardgillan Castle (admission charge)

There are so many - I have made it my mission to see them all .......it might take a few years !! I'm so excited!

The TGI App has links to the gardens web pages and f/book pages and also the option to use navigation of your choice.
Reviews of the gardens can also be added

People need this App they just don't realise it yet .....did I mention Garnish Island ....National Botanic Gardens ......all the privately owned gardens .........well too many to mention!
Excited yet?
Have Fun
Christine