This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Things to do in Duhallow Co. Cork

Things to do in Duhallow Co. Cork

Author
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 29 Jun 2016 11:27 AM Visits: 295
Just discovered my ancestors are Sherhans and came from Duhallow. I would like info on the bike riding and other activities in this area. Thanks, Vickie

(question came in via email) 
Posted Tue 26 Apr 2016 8:25 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)Supreme Being (16.9K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 31 Oct 2016 8:59 PM Visits: 722
    Vickie, what an exciting discovery! :) 

Duhallow is located in the north-west of County Cork, a beautiful region with forest and boggy landscapes which are perfect for some great outdoor adventures!

As you're interested in cycling, I would recommend following part of the Dulhallow Trail Cycling Route or the Mallow to Ballyvourney Cycling Route as both of these routes will guide you through some of Cork's most charming rural areas. The Blackwater Valley Cycling Route is also worth checking out as it also includes the scenic surrounds of County Kerry.

If you would also like to explore this region by foot, I suggest following a section of the Blackwater to Duhallow Way, which also takes in both County Cork and County Kerry.

For more information about hiking in Ireland I recommend taking a look at the Irish Trails website, while the Cycle Ireland website is a brilliant resource for planning cycling trips in Ireland.

I hope this helps you with your travel plans, Vickie, and that you have a wonderful time tracing your family's roots in Ireland! If you need any more suggestions, please just let me know! :)

Posted Tue 26 Apr 2016 9:35 AM
Question