'Not to be missed' sights on our tour

'Not to be missed' sights on our tour

Author
Posted Mon 9 May 2016 12:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:19 PM Visits: 22K
Question received by Community Member Craig Otto:
Hi,
My wife and daughter are arriving in Dublin on Sept 24 2016. We have accommodations and a car for six days. Our itinerary will take us to Kilkenny, Killarney, Limerick, and then back to Dublin. Can you advise us what are some of the "not to be missed" sights on this tour.
Thank you 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 May 2016 12:42 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Community!
It's great to hear that you're planning a journey in September. Having a car and your accommodation planned in advance is great too as it will allow you to focus on what to do and where to go!

If there are any nights that you need to select a hotel, then we can also help you or for any Lunch or dinner locations, you can take a look at www.manorhousehotels.com & www.irishcountryhotels.com. We have 54 hotels located all over the island including where you'll be visiting.

I'm sure many of my other Industry colleagues will have some suggestions but here are a few of my personal favourites for where you'll be visiting.
  • Kilkenny Castle - a medieval castle located in the heart of the city, a tour is a must but you'll also get to relax in the gardens before exploring the rest of the cities lanes and streets.
  • Killarney National Park - you can take a ride from the town by horse and trap to reach the National Park where you 'll get to see Muckross House and the natural beauty that Killarney is famous for.
  • The many Pubs & Restaurants of Killarney - you'll have to same a traditional Irish dish and listen to some Irish music in the many great pubs located in the town. 
  • Kings Johns Castle - a medieval castle in the heart of the city and overlooking the River Shannon
  • Adare - a beautiful village located just 20 mins drive from Limerick City. This is a must visit as you pass on the road to/from Killarney. Often described as 'Ireland's Prettiest Village'. the thatched cottages and many bars, boutiqes and cafes in the town are well worth a visit.
  • Guinness Storehouse is one of the most popular attractions in the city and you'll soon see why. You'll get to see how Guinness is brewed and the stories behind it. You'll then finish the tour with a pint of the black stuff in the Gravity bar with the best view of Dublin rooftops.
  • The Little Museum of Dublin - a small and intimate museum located on Stephens Green that looks at the lives of Dubliners over the years. A visit here will give you a great sense of the city.
  • Phoenix Park - the largest urban park in Europe, this will be a great way to get some fresh air and go for a walk or rent a bicycle. You can visit Dublin Zoo or see where our President lives at Aras an Uachtarain.
  • Walk the streets - one of my favourite things to do in Dublin is just walk! There's so much life to the city with many buskers and street performers that you can spend hours walking from place to place and keep your eyes busy! 

I hope that this will be a starting point for you but Ireland.com has a huge amount of supplementary information dependent on what you like.

Also, as i mentioned, if you need any other accommodation or locations to dine, you can look at our websites above.

Enjoy the holiday!
Regards

David C
Manor House Hotels & Irish Country Hotels

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 May 2016 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Craig, I would love to provide you with some tips for your trip this fall! :) I have collected some suggestions for you in this scrapbook, and you will also find more ideas with the My Discover Ireland Planner. Simply select where you are going and all of the available sightseeing spots along the way will pop up. There are also some lovely festivals while you're here, like the Galway International Oyster and Seafood Festival and The Dublin Theatre Festival

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout! 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 May 2016 2:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:19 PM Visits: 22K
Hi Craig,
please also take a look at the below posts & replies -   Enjoy your trip!