Descendants of Christopher Clanchy and Frances Spain

Descendants of Christopher Clanchy and Frances Spain

Author
Posted Thu 20 Jun 2019 10:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Christopher Clanchy married Frances Spain 2nd Nov 1833 in County Limerick , St Mary’s Cathedral. Christopher was deported to Australia in 1837 leaving behind Frances and their 5? children. I would like to find out what happened to Frances and her children after he left Ireland. Christopher married again in Australia and I am his great great granddaughter.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Jun 2019 8:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Marion, 

It's great to see that you're researching your great great grandfathers family and roots in County Limerick! I'd love to see if I can point you in the right direction. :)

Since you already know when and where Christopher and Frances were married, you can find out a lot of information. 

Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records, and all the surviving records have been sorted into county based genealogical centres. Everything from the marriage license and birth licenses for Christopher and Frances and their children can be found in the centre in Limerick

There is also a helpful free search option online of the Church records via the Irish Genealogy page

Anything from after 1864 in Limerick are kept at the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO). In 1864 civil registration was introduced in Ireland, which is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions and deaths. 

Have you reached out to any of these archives yet? They would gladly see what they can do to help. 

I hope you'll receive more tips and suggestions from our other members, and please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any questions. 

Wishing you the best of luck on your search, 

Melin