This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Trip suggestions and tips please :D

Trip suggestions and tips please :D

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)I'm hooked (504 reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 15 May 2016 10:35 PM Visits: 5
Hi I hope someone can help me :)
Its my first time travelling alone, Ive wanted to see Ireland for quite some time now. So this year Ive decided to do it! I just dont know where to get started really! I live in Wales so I am thinking of driving, getting the ferry in Pembroke and docking in Rosslare..... thats as far as ive got! Im thinking potentially doing some of the Wild Atlantic Way route, but im just thinking for my first travel experience and roadtrip alone should I stick with more south east then to west coast again? Any hints/tips/suggestions on what you would recommend I could visit would be greatly appreciated! Thinking of going end of august/beginning of September time!
Thanks in advance! :)
Jenna x

Posted Sun 15 May 2016 9:57 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)Supreme Being (13.4K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 29 Jun 2016 11:27 AM Visits: 295
Hi Jenna, welcome to the forum!

It’s so exciting you’ll be visiting Ireland on your own. :D I’ve done a few solo trips on the island myself and it was awesome! I’m a big fan of driving around, I’d love to explore more of the Wild Atlantic Way. As you’ll be arriving in Rosslare, you could follow the ‘Copper Coast’ towards the south west of Ireland. This is a beautiful drive, with cute villages along the way.

The Wild Atlantic Way starts in Kinsale, Co. Cork – you could follow parts of this route, north to Dingle or even Galway, depending on how much time you have. You’re just in the planning stages, so I recommend having a look at these sample itineraries for some inspiration. If you decide to focus on the southeast, you shouldn’t forget to check out Ireland’s Ancient East – a region with over 5,000 years of history, it’s jam-packed with tombs, castles and monastic ruins. And the scenery is pretty awesome, too! ;)

I hope this helps get you started, just give me a shout if you need more tips!

You could also have a look at similar questions posted by other members:

·        Independent Self-Driving Holiday
·        Female Solo Traveller
·        2017 Trip

Posted Mon 16 May 2016 7:26 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)Industry Member (4.4K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:20 PM Visits: 50
Hi Jenna
Have a look at these two suggested itineraries from Good Food Ireland. The whole trip is put together for you so you don't have to worry about anything and Good Food Ireland help and assist with eveything. Both regions are wonderful so it is really up to you.

http://tours.goodfoodireland.ie/tour/irelands-ancient-east-dine-discover

http://tours.goodfoodireland.ie/tour/wild-atlantic-way-burren-and-connemara-culinary-cultural-journey

Here is a video link of what you might expect to find https://www.goodfoodireland.ie/video/irish-culinary-tours-and-experiences

Give Roz an email at bookings@goodfoodireland.ie if you have any questions.
Happy travelling
Margaret
Tags
Posted Mon 16 May 2016 9:34 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 14 Dec 2017 9:30 AM Visits: 24
Please note that Dublin city is really busy this year and if you plan to stay early September, there is the All Ireland Hurling Final Sunday 4th September so accommodation will be very difficult to get then.  Check us out at Botanic View B & B if you plan a few nights in Dublin.  Have a great trip!
Posted Mon 16 May 2016 10:00 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)Industry Member (1.7K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 21 Jun 2016 9:26 PM Visits: 8
Good Morning Jenna,
Galway City would be a good starting point and is on the Wild Atlantic Way. Connemara a region not to be missed - check out www.goconnemara.com which will give you an idea of this area. Do enjoy Ireland

Posted Mon 16 May 2016 10:58 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)Industry Member (2.1K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Nov 2016 2:44 PM Visits: 39
Hi Jenna,

How exciting your trip sounds, you are going to be have a fabulous time in beautiful Ireland, and September is a brilliant month to visit as the schools start back in Ireland at the end of August.

I am not sure how far you have planned to go along the West Coast, but I would recommend if you have time in your schedule, to visit the South West of Ireland, especially Kenmare and Killarney. 
If you are looking at somewhere to stay while in the South West, The Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, located on the ring of Kerry, offers a wonderful selection of accommodation ( hotel and self-catering) and is a short stroll to the picturesque village of Kenmare - we would love to have you stay with us, check out our accommodation options on www.kenmarebayhotel.com

From Kenmare you can drive the Ring of Kerry, visit the Beara peninsula, visit Killarney and Dingle.

Have a lovely holiday in Ireland and enjoy the Wild Atlantic Way

Kind Regards,

Lee Griffin
The Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort

Posted Mon 16 May 2016 3:56 PM
Question