This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

What to wear in Ireland in july

What to wear in Ireland in july

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)I'm hooked (469 reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 22 May 2016 10:06 PM Visits: 5
Hi, Traveling to Ireland for the first time. Would like to know what kind of clothing to bring for the month of July, not sure what all I will be doing, going with son's family. Probably some walking and hiking  among other sightseeing.  Will I need any heavy clothing, it will be mid July?
Posted Sun 22 May 2016 10:00 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)Supreme Being (17K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 31 Oct 2016 8:59 PM Visits: 722
    Hi Deloris! :)

As the weather in Ireland can be best described as “unpredictable”, I understand that it can be tricky to figure out what exactly to pack for your trip!

Given that in July our weather can be quite humid, I don't think heavy clothing would be necessary. Instead, I would recommend wearing layers, especially as our weather is prone to changing quite quickly. You will often hear locals remark that in Ireland you can experience all four seasons in just one day, so it would be wise to prepare for both rain and sun shine; a good waterproof jacket and a pair of sunglasses will be your best friend! ;)

There is actually another great thread on this forum which offers more info about our summer weather, so feel free to check this out too: Summer Season in Ireland.

If you would like any more advice about what to include in your suitcase, you could also take a look at this blog post on our website: Your Travel Checklist.

I hope this helps, Deloris! If you need any more tips, just let me know! :)

Tags
Posted Mon 23 May 2016 8:47 AM
Question