This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Driving trip in Ireland in July

Driving trip in Ireland in July

Author
Industry Member
Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2019 3:20 PM Visits: 50
Hi Tan
July is a wonderful time to visit Ireland. At Good Food Ireland we would be very happy to help organise your whole holiday as we can put together a full bespoke itinerary for you, based on great authentic Irish culture and wonderful food places to stay and eat. Here are some Good Food Ireland Tours which we hope will help familiarise you with what waits ahead http://tours.goodfoodireland.ie/
Warmest wishes
Margaret
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 12:52 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Dear Tan, 

My name is Niamh Hamill, and I am the director of the Institute of Study Abroad Ireland.You are probably now overwhelmed with suggestions, but I wanted to offer you some advice regarding your interest in history and culture. Donegal is a wonderful county that has much to offer in terms of history and culture, and its proximity to Northern Ireland is also excellent if you are interested in travelling to Derry City. Donegal Castle, is the ancestral home of the O'Donnells, and there is an excellent tour which focuses on the Nine Years War and the collapse of Gaelic Ireland in 1607. Further north, at Rathmullen, is the site of the Flight of the Earls. Derry city, built in 1613, is one of the few complete walled cities left in Europe, and it is loaded with history, great museums, and the contemporary history of the Civil Rights movement, and the people's gallery of murals at the Bogside. Just south of Donegal you have Yeats Country (Sligo and Leitrim) which also has magnificent scenery and many wonderful places to visit- Drumcliff, Lisadell House, Glencar... the North West region is quite spectacular, affordable and friendly. We do almost all our work around this region, and I can recommend it on all counts. 
Very best wishes and enjoy your trip,
NIamh. 
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 1:19 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)Inactive User (9.4K reputation)
Hello Tan

Glad to hear you are coming to visit the Emerald Isle.

Wicklow Town is only a hours drive from Dublin.

Wicklow has some beautiful B&B's, Nature, Historic and Culture 

If you want to see what is going in Wicklow in July here is a link to our Calendar.

Céad Míle Fáilte
Brian Smullen
Wicklow County Tourism

Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 1:40 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Hi Tan,

Your trip is going to be fantastic! And you have a good length of time to see a the country.

I would recommend a trip along the Wild Atlantic Way, especially a trip to County Kerry, where you can explore Dingle, The Ring of Kerry and the Beara peninsula and visit Killarney and Kenmare.
Check out our hotel - www.kenmarebayhotel.com - based in the heart of Kenmare, where we offer self catering accommodation and hotel accommodation.
I would suggest booking ahead of time, hotels can be very booked up in July, as it is peak season / school holidays.

Have a fabulous holiday and we hope to welcome you to Kenmare while on your travels

Lee Griffin,
Sales
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 2:55 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Nov 2019 10:18 AM Visits: 252
Hi Tan,

I'm so glad your taking the time to come to Ireland its a wonderful country, I am based in Northern Ireland, the Causeway Coast is wonderful with so many different sites to see.  If you fancy taking a day off driving I run a tour which allows you to see lots of wonderful places in a day http://glenara-elite-travel.co.uk/north-coast-tour/, on each site there is site specific local guides to tell you wonderful stories and history of the sites.  You can check out these reviews for the tour and the Causeway Coast http://www.whereistara.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-causeway-coast-glens/   http://emilyluxton.co.uk/uk/causeway-coast-legends  http://www.thisbatteredsuitcase.com/why-i-love-the-causeway-coast/. I also do private tours.

If you would like anymore information you can contact me at frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 3:47 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Thanks all. Before I reach Ireland, I have already feel very warm welcome from all of you. I will definitely explore all the options suggested by all of you. With such a wonder response from all of you, I am sure all of us will enjoy our trip there.
Posted Fri 3 Jun 2016 8:09 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Hi Tan!

The lovely people from Coleraine Visitor Information Centre have passed on this advice - I hope it will help you plan your trip!

Hi,

The beauty and uniqueness of the Causeway Coast and Glens region has already been recommended to you in a previous post from Anneke; please let me add a few thoughts to it.

If you wish to stay for a couple of nights in the Causeway Coast and Glens area during July, it would probably be advisable to book Bed & Breakfast accommodation in advance as it is a very popular month for visitors.  To search for somewhere stay here, please visit the accommodation section of: www.discovernorthernireland.com  - knowing you have a nice place to stay for the night might make for a more relaxing trip!   

To find out about the varied attractions, activities and events in our area you can go to our tourist web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com  and if you do decide to make the trip up north, you may wish to take one of the excellent tours available such as a guided walking tour of the Giant’s Causeway and onwards along the scenic cliff path towards the ruins of Dunseverick Castle, also you could venture out onto the Atlantic Ocean for a short boat trip to Rathlin Island to visit the Seabird Centre, or maybe treat yourselves to a guided foodie tour, to sample and learn about the delicious food and drink produced in this area. 
Many of the towns in the CC&G region have Visitor Information Centres and if you are able to call into one of them they will be very happy to provide you with free maps and guides for the local area and beyond.  I hope you all have a great trip!

Coleraine Visitor Information Centre

Posted Fri 3 Jun 2016 3:39 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Thanks Dorothy. Causeway and Glans Region is in our plan. We definitely will look into options of joining some of the local tours there. 
Posted Sat 4 Jun 2016 3:56 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User

All,

For our first day, We will pick up a car from Dublin airport and go south. We make our first stop at Glendalough. Questions:
1. We likely to leave airport at around 12noon. How long we will take to drive from airport to Glendalough? 
2.  When we reach Glendalough, do you think we have enough time to visit the monastery, what else can we do there?
3. We are heading to Killkenny the next day, need some advice where should we stay? Glendalough? Wicklow? Carlow? or we should drive all the way to Kilkenny? (I ask this question, mainly because of I think Glendalough has limit places to stay, and the price seem to be a little higher, I may be wrong. )

We do not have the feel of Ireland traffic and road condition yet, your advice will definitely make our planning easier. Thanks.
Posted Mon 6 Jun 2016 2:33 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Hi Niamh,

We will spend a day in Donegal County, before heading to Northern Ireland. Do you have any recommendation of route, so that  we cover some of the places that you have mentioned?  Thanks.
Posted Mon 6 Jun 2016 3:10 PM
Question