Pre Booking Accommodations

Pre Booking Accommodations

Author
Posted Fri 14 Feb 2020 12:05 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, My husband and I are planning a self driving trip starting in Dublin, heading south west towards Killarney then heading towards Shannon and Galway if time permits, then straight across back to Dublin. Total trip is 8 days 9 nights. 
We fly into Dublin April 20, 2020 and fly out of Dublin super early April 29th.  

We have booked the first 2 nights and the last night in a hotel in Dublin. My question is should we pre book all of the remaining 6 nights accommodation? We have a rough idea of the places we would like to stop in, but not sure how far we will travel each day and would like the flexibility of deciding where to stay. Is the end of April generally a busy travel time? I realize it is right after Easter and school holidays

Thanks Kate  

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 14 Feb 2020 10:14 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Kate
If you don’t want to book your accommodation in advance, maybe just book a day or two before you arrive at your next destination. May I suggest that you choose to stay in Bed & Breakfast accommodation as you travel throughout Ireland. B&B Ireland have over 700 premier B&B properties waiting to welcome you.

Please view our easy to use interactive B&B locator map that shows you exactly way our bed and breakfasts are in Ireland. Perfect for planning your adventures.

B&B Locator Map 

B&Bs make the ideal base for exploring Ireland. It's lovely to know that after a day exploring that you can return in the evening to a welcoming home. B&B hosts know their area so well and will be delighted to suggest things to see and do. They’ll point you towards their region’s hidden gems.

Planning your trip to Ireland  Best local hints and tips from your B&B host

I hope this information helps with your decision making Kate. Enjoy your trip!
Claire
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 14 Feb 2020 11:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Kate, 

It's so exciting you'll be going on a road trip with your husband in April! :) Booking your first two and last night in Dublin is a great idea, as you'll be assured you're sorted for those nights.

When it comes to pre-booking your accommodation, it all depends on when and where you're travelling. For the busier areas and holiday periods, we recommend having an option already there. If it's outside of for example the school holidays, and in a more rural countryside area, you'll have no problem finding a lovely place to stay. 

Claire from B&B Ireland has already provided you with some helpful tips and suggestions, and I have collected a few other threads for you below from other members who had a similar question: 

- Accommodation in November and other useful information.
- Do I have to make reservations in advance?
- Early September 2020 reservations.
- Book accommodation in advance?  

I completely understand you want to stay flexible, just in case your plans change along the way. :) You can always reach out to B&B's along the way to see if they have available rooms as you go. 

If you need any additional information or tips & suggestions for your itinerary, feel free to reach out to us here!