Are there any interesting travel documentaries about Ireland?

Are there any interesting travel documentaries about Ireland?

Author
Posted Thu 16 Apr 2020 2:54 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)I'm hooked (572 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Apr 2022 1:52 PM Visits: 248
Absolutely, and while we’re all staying at home, a travel doc is a great way to explore places that we can’t see right now.

There are several miniseries and documentary films available on Amazon that cover lots of fascinating topics about Ireland, from historic moments to modern day events. But to capture the feeling of travelling the island and its fantastic flavours, then Taste of Ireland is a great place to start. Available on Prime, this show follows Australian food expert, Lyndey Milan, as she explores the food culture and characters of the island of Ireland. You might even pick up a recipe or two to try at home.

Want to get off the beaten track? Ireland with Ardal O’Hanlon brings you a more idiosyncratic look at the island, with the actor and comic, who played Father Dougal in the classic sitcom Father Ted. Expect thrilling Game of Thrones locations, historic ring forts and even a leprechaun or two.

If stunning views and sweeping panoramas are your thing, then check out Over Ireland, which features majestic aerial photography paired with a beautiful music score. It’s a soul-soaring look at the island that brings you from 12th century Kilkenny Castle to some of the prettiest villages around. 

For something completely different, immerse yourself in the thrill of the awesome waves along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Critically acclaimed documentary Waveriders chronicles tales of surfing in Ireland from the perspectives of surfing legends Kelly Slater and the Malloy brothers. It’s a wild ride! 

Have room for more? Try Wild Ireland by National Geographic, which explores Ireland’s untamed nature; or The Irish Pub ­– a celebration of the island’s unique pubs, and the characters that own them; and St Patrick: Apostle of Ireland, which tells of the patron saint’s journey on the island.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-04-2020/d5adfe87-18d6-4421-93f3-8ead.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 13 May 2020 2:07 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
In this short film, 'Meet the Locals', Doolin Tourism brings viewers on a journey through Doolin, and the rugged, breathtaking Burren region, meeting some of its local people.

Watch it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDXfFKCZeo

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/13-05-2020/232f94ae-5db6-4aa3-8a66-7cd3.jpg
Photo by Kev L Smith via Doolin Tourism