Ireland through my eyes

Ireland through my eyes

Author
Posted Tue 11 Aug 2020 10:09 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello everyone,

I am new here but happy to join a great community of people who love Ireland and people who love to explore all of its amazing things.

Recently I have started making Vlogs (video logs) of my adventures around Ireland. I also make some lifestyle Vlogs if they interest you after you see my travel video. Below is the link to my most recent video.

The video above is my short holiday to the beautiful Co. Kerry.

During my stay, I got to see Killarney National Park and The Ring of Kerry. The video I made takes you on the first-hand experience of my trip. I would love to hear your views also it would be great to start a discussion about your own stories of your holidays to Kerry. What brings you back time and time again? For me, it has to be the landscapes, how endlessly vast and beautiful those mountains, beaches, and valleys are.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kyle, and I am 28, living in Co Monaghan.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Aug 2020 2:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Kyle, 

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vlog here! It looks like you had an amazing time in County Kerry. :)

I haven't had the chance to visit County Kerry yet, but it's absolutely at the top of my list. Seeing Killarney National Park like this makes me want to visit it even more! (I've also added O'Carroll's Cove as a must-see to my list.)

I see you took two days to explore both the park and the Ring of Kerry. Would you say that is enough time to see everything, or do you recommend taking more time?  

Thanks again for sharing, 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Aug 2020 3:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Melin, 

Wow, thank you so much for watching. I am so happy it has enticed you to visit a few extra places that you maybe wouldn't have before watching my video. 

I had such a great time. I lived in Tralee for 4 years but I never had the opportunity with college and work to visit these places. 

My recommendation would be this. If you have the time to spare I would explore more of the Ring of Kerry. There were so many little off-roads leading to other points of interest (beaches, castles, harbours, etc) that I didn't have the time to explore. I actually cut the part of the video where I said anyone could spend years on the Ring of Kerry alone and I think they could find something new each time.
I also started on the Cahersiveen side of the Ring. Looking back I think that was the best place to start because your first views are an amazing cliff drive and you end on the Valleys overlooking Ladies View.

Killarney National Park is a day trip for sure. We walked it just because I was recording but I think next time I would love to cycle it. Even though it isn't that long of a walk, the experience of cycling looks to be a nice one. The day we were there was so windy but again, if I go back I will definitely be doing a boat tour.  

I hope this has helped you, and thank you so much again for taking the time to watch my video. 

I will post more of my travels here as I take them. 

All the best, 

Kyle

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Aug 2020 10:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Kyle, 

Thanks so much for the tips and recommendations, this is super useful! :)  It's great that you got to chance to finally take some time to explore the area around Tralee.

I think I might just pack up a tent and spend a few days on the Ring of Kerry seeing as much as I can. I also really like cycling, so I'm happy to see that exploring Killarney National Park by bike is an option. Are there cycle paths or is it more an off-road kind of trail? 

We would love to see and read about all of your future adventures here on the island, so please don't hesitate to share your upcoming trips on here. We are of course also here for tips and/or suggestions if you need them. :) 

Are there any trips planned on the island in the near future? 

Thanks again! 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Melin,

I think if it's one place I would move back to down the line, it would have to be Tralee. I just felt so at home when I went back for a visit. 

That is such a great idea. I wish I could do that myself, especially in this amazing weather. I love camping. So there are side paths in Killarney national park for walking and a larger main road/path for the horses and bikes. It's a nice system. We weren't having to avoid too many bikes flying by us. 
By Torc waterfall, there were so many bikes parked up, so I think it's the most popular way to explore. 

Thank you so much, and I cannot wait to share them. I actually made a video of a private British Landlord estate recently that was open to the public in my home town, for one day only. 
I will link it here maybe with a post explaining it a bit. It was beautiful. A real hidden gem that many generations of locals had never got to see. 

As for trips, I believe that I am going to go surfing in Donegal soon. All going well and depending on travel restrictions remaining the same. I have wanted to surf for years, so it will be nice to document my first experience of that. :)

Another video for the future to share here for sure. 

All the best, 

Kyle

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 13 Aug 2020 12:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Hi Kyle, 

Thanks again for all of your recommendations and suggestions, and I very much look forward to your future vlogs! You're more than welcome to add them to this thread. 

I am also very happy you got to see the estate in your home town, that must have been very special! 

You are also more than welcome to reply to questions and threads from other members here as well, as I'm sure they would find your advice very helpful too. 

Thanks again, and until the next video! 😊