Passenger Locator Form vs. Roadtrip

Passenger Locator Form vs. Roadtrip

Author
Posted Sat 31 Jul 2021 10:15 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Germany
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 19 Aug 2021 4:26 PM Visits: 378
Hello,
my wife and I are planning to spend our honeymoon in the Republic of Ireland in late August / early September after we had to cancel it last year. We have both been fully vaccinated for quite some time now.

We will travel by ferry and then we will be on the road with our campervan. During our roadtrip we would like to spontaneously choose or change our accommodations wherever we are (Location/Campsite/Wildcamping etc.). Unfortunately, this only works to a limited extent with the PLF. Furthermore, you have the feeling of "Big Brother is watching you" and for us it kills the vacation mood / feeling. Sadly, we are already thinking about canceling our Ireland road trip again, this time indefinitely.

Therefore my question, are there considerations in Ireland to adapt the PLF for vaccinated persons?

Kind regards and thank you very much!
Daniel

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 1 Aug 2021 10:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:56 PM Visits: 10.5K
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us!
We understand that there still might be uncertainties about the formalities of travel. Currently, you can fill the PLF with the first address of your destination. Any further accommodation details would need to be addressed in an email directly to passengerlocatorform@plf.ie. Please, also keep proof of all the emails you'll send for your security. Keep also in mind that a PLF can be filled out only for one person.

I hope this information will help you to plan your trip. We are honoured that you chose Ireland as your honeymoon destination and wish you the best of time! If you need inspiration for places or have questions, we are happy to help you! 😊

We also offer assistance in German if you prefer!

Best regards from the Island of Ireland, ☘️
Cindy
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 1 Aug 2021 10:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)
Germany
Hello Cindy,

thank you for your answer! I still have a question about the accommodation addresses. Is it possible to send GPS coordinates to this email address? Will this be accepted too?

I ask due to the case that we are might be camping in the middle of nowhere, where an address might not be clearly identifiable.

Kind regards and thank you very much!
Daniel

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Aug 2021 12:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:56 PM Visits: 10.5K
Hello Daniel, 

Thanks for getting back to us! 

I understand that it might be hard to pinpoint some camping locations, especially if you do wild camping. In that case, I would encourage to double-check it with the authorities if GPS coordinates would be sufficient. 

Best regards from the green Island, 
Cindy

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Aug 2021 3:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Germany
Hello Cindy,

thank you for your message. To which official body can I go for this "double-check" regarding the GPS coordinates?

Kind regards
Daniel

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Aug 2021 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 11:23 PM Visits: 25.4K
Hello Daniel,

I'm afraid that the only information available on official government sources is this email address: passengerlocatorform@plf.ie to which updates to any of the information provided on the Passenger Locator Form must be sent. I would advise you to address your query regarding GPS coordinates to this email address.

I recommend you keep an eye out for any updates on the Irish Government website regarding international travel and Passenger Locator Form, as well as on the PLF itself.

I really hope you will be provided with an answer by the authorities and that you can spend your holiday in the way you planned. We wish you a wonderful honeymoon and would love to hear about your travels! 💌

Best wishes
Rebecca ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Aug 2021 6:08 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Germany
Hi,

ok thanks. I have sent my questions to "passengerlocatorform@plf.ie" on Tuesday, but have not received a response yet.
I hope this right way to clarify this topic. If we don't get an answer by next week, I'm afraid we will cancel our Ireland trip.

If it works, I will write again. If not, I will do the same.

Kind regards
Daniel

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 7 Aug 2021 5:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hello Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received a reply and that you might have to cancel your holiday if you don't receive clarification by the authorities.

You could also contact your local Irish embassy or try to call Citizens Information. (When calling the Republic of Ireland from abroad all numbers must be prefixed with 00 353. Drop the first 0 of the local code.) This body also provides information on the current Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions. I hope they can give you further advice.

We really hope for you to be able to enjoy your honeymoon! 💚🤞

Best wishes
Rebecca ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 19 Aug 2021 4:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Germany
Hi Rebecca,

I finally got some useful information. Better late than never. :)

I contacted the Irish Embassy in Berlin and have now received a message. According to the embassy, you only have to provide the first accomodation address, because if the authorities want to reach you, they can do it by phone or mail.

That now means for us - Ireland here we come!

Thank you very much for your help and advice.
Kind regards from good old Germany
Daniel

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Aug 2021 3:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Island of Ireland
Hi Daniel,

we are very happy to hear that you have decided to travel to Ireland! 😍 We're also glad we could help you find the advice you needed.

I would like to point out that, as Cindy mentioned above, the Irish government does state on their website, that updates to any of the information provided on the Passenger Locator Form must be submitted via email to passengerlocatorform@plf.ie
Our advice remains for you to add your first address on the PLF, update further addresses via email and keep proof of those emails for your own security.

Since you mentioned you will be camping, we would like to share some information on fantastic campsites and general camping tips with you, as well as this page with FAQ on camping holidays in Ireland. 🏕️

Please note that wild camping is very restricted in Ireland. Some National Parks are happy to provide you with a permit for wild camping within their boundaries. Have a read on the National Parks & Wildlife Service's page.

We wish you an amazing holiday and would love it if you could share your experience with us when you return! 📖

Best wishes
Rebecca ☘️