Travel to NI

Travel to NI

Author
Posted Thu 16 Sep 2021 6:33 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 16 Sep 2021 8:10 PM Visits: 9
Yup, phoned them, (or tried to, don't think that phone number is connected anymore) also contacted citizens advice, NI justice dept, and Public Health NI, absolutely no one answering the phones in any of those services... 
I hope you can see I'm not going mad, that there is a discrepancy in the Covid advice given for Amber countries and then Spain singled out where the PCR test is advisable.. if they hadn't put that paragraph in  I'd know exactly where I stood

Can you confirm that I won't need to take a covid test on the way out to Spain? EU citizen with covid passport flying in from Belfast?

Cheers for all your replies btw, really much appreciated.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 17 Sep 2021 9:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Edwards,

Sorry to hear no one came back to you. Another option is to contact the local Embassy, who may shed some light on your situation and clarify the requirement for you. 
If you are unable to get full confirmation before leaving, look at the testing centers near where you will be located in Spain to be prepared in case you require to test, and while in transit, ask at airports and customs for advice on the ground as well as with your airline. 

Regarding entering Spain via the UK, you can find all the information here. The UK and EU rules for entering Spain seem the same as you only need proof of vaccination at the minute.

I wish you all the best, a great holiday, and a smooth return home.