This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Can I see all of the Aran Islands in 1 day?

Can I see all of the Aran Islands in 1 day?

Author
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:00 AM Visits: 708
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/20-01-2016/faf4ad4d-aeb4-4402-b07f-c98f.jpg

We are often asked if it is possible to visit all 3 islands in 1 day, but unfortunately this is not an option.  We travel to each island every day, and between each island every day, but the islands are quite spread out, and you would not get enough time on each to see them properly. 
You need time to experience what island life is really like, and these islands work at a slower pace than the rest of us, which is a big part of the appeal!  This means staying at least 3 hours, and our ferry times can offer you a variety of departure and return times to suit your itinerary.

Departure times from Doolin
Inis Oirr: 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 17:00
Inis Meain: 10:00 (return), 13:00 (overnight only)
Inis Mor: 10:00 (return), 13:00 (overnight only)

Return times to Doolin
Inis Oirr: 8:30, 12:15, 14:00, 16:45
Inis Meain: 11:45, 16:15
Inis Mor: 11:30, 16:00
If you really want to see more than 1 island, why not stay overnight and take a ferry to another island the next morning?

Take a look at our video to get a better idea of what the boat trips involve:

You will see our complete range of options on our website here: www.doolin2aranferries.com
Or call us on +353 65 7075949 or send an email with your query about travel options.

We'd be delighted to have you on board!

Posted Wed 20 Jan 2016 1:50 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)Industry Member (214 reputation)
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Jan 2016 9:34 PM Visits: 6
Dear Would-be Tourist,

My first holiday "abroad" was to stay in the Aran Islands, Inis Oirr, to be correct.
I remember when the ferry left the island, the feeling that no one could get at me and drag me home was great.
I was as free as a bird.
We stayed in the first bed and breakfast by the pier, just up to the left.
It was truly fantastic.
Una made Courgette and Walnut Bread for breakfast and it was the best I ever tasted.
She gave me the recipe and even though I made it three times, it was never as good as hers'.
The people in all the little businesses were so helpful.
The music in the pubs at night time was great and everyone was so friendly.
Walking home from whatever entertainment was so safe.
I have a bed and breakfast so I know the extra effort that Una made to get her house so homely and friendly.
Thank you to the people of Inis Oirr for giving me such a good memory.

Eileen Murphy, 
The Orchard Bed and Breakfast,
Newcastle West.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 2016 9:26 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (983 reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Apr 2016 1:12 PM Visits: 108
Hey Eileen, 
What a beautiful memory of your first trip to the Aran Islands, thank you so much for sharing. 

Although my first trip to Inis Mór didn't include the courgette and walnut bread, I can definitely agree with you about the friendly people! We had a beautiful walk up to Dún Aonghasa, a pre-historic fort overlooking the Atlantic. I will never forget the feeling we had standing on the cliffs, absolutely breathtaking. 

Since you are now the safe keeper of Una's famous recipe, we'll have to pop over for a taste! :) 
Posted Thu 21 Jan 2016 10:24 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)Industry Member (13.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:00 AM Visits: 708
Hi Jenny

Isnt it great to have such lovely memories of your trip to Inis Mor :)  Dun Aengus is a very special place - you might like to read more about it here in our blog:  Dun Aengus Fort

There are actually 7 forts between the 3 islands, another spectacular fort belonged to Conchur, who was Aengus' brother, on Inis Meain (seen on the bottom right of the picture below). You'll have to come again and go exploring back in time ;)

All the best,
Joan

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/02-02-2016/acb163bc-3f84-4fb5-8b08-9051.jpg

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2016 10:23 AM
Question