This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Vines and Byrnes in County Carlow

Vines and Byrnes in County Carlow

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Apr 2017 4:19 PM Visits: 101
Keep up with our expert sessions at: https://www.facebook.com/IrelandFamilyHistory/

Question from Dot Ed Betrosky: 

My Great Grandfather John Vines married Mary Byrne in Nov, 1848. They lived in the Drumguin Townland of Hacketstown, Carlow. Can you help me find her parents or siblings so I can get past this roadblock? I believe she may have been born in 1825, but this could be off a few years....she emigrated to the US in 1890 with 4 of her sons after John died in 1888. They leased land in both Drumguin and Brownbog and may have owned three units on Penny Hill in Hacketstown proper.

Answer from the National Library's Genealogy Advisory Service:

Catholic Parish Registers from Co. Carlow have been digitised and can be searched on www.findmypast.ie. (subscription) If the family was Church of Ireland, these can also be searched free on www.irishgenealogy.ie where all COI records from Co. Carlow have been indexed. Land records from the 1920s/1930's are available for a fee on www.titheapplotments.ie

Posted Mon 12 Sep 2016 1:43 PM
Question