This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Cassells in Scotland and Ireland!

Cassells in Scotland and Ireland!

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)Community Expert (14.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Apr 2017 4:19 PM Visits: 101
Keep up with our expert sessions at https://www.facebook.com/Irela...

Question from  Carole Rowecliffe-Sutherland  
 My gg grandmother, Eliza Donnelly, married my gg grandfather, Thomas Cassells, in Dunbartonshire, Scotland, in 1870 and her parents were documented as James Donnelly and Bridget O’Donnell. According to their marriage certificate she was born in 1847 in County Carlow, Ireland - but I really doubt the accuracy of this as the marriage certificate also said my gg grandfather was born in Dublin in 1843 when he was actually born in the District Tubberclaire, Westmeath, in March of 1836. They immigrated to Ontario, Canada, in 1873 after the birth of two sons, Thomas and James. Thomas and Eliza had four other children in London, Ontario, where she died in 1881. I have been unable to find further information about Eliza or her family in Ireland or Scotland.        

Answer from the NLI Genealogy Advisory Service:
   This family situation is complex in that it involves the records of Scotland and Ireland. For Scottish records, google Scotlands People and that will bring you to their website. It is a pay website. As regards Ireland, both the RC and Church of Ireland records for Dublin City are online at www.irishgenealogy.ie; you can find the Church of Irleand records for Co Carlow on the same website. For the Roman Catholic parishes of Co Carlow you need www.rootsireland.ie. For a general search of many databases why not try www.findmypast.com.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 2016 8:09 AM
Question