This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Horan Family

Horan Family

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)Community Expert (14.5K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Apr 2017 4:19 PM Visits: 101
Ireland Family History Expert Session with Find My Past: https://www.facebook.com/IrelandFamilyHistory/
We host Expert Sessions regularly on the Facebook page so keep an eye out for the next one!

Question from France Bouchard: 
#ExpertQA I am searching for the boat And year that brought my great grand father And mother to Canada (Quebec). There names are John Horan ( b january 16, 1853 Ireland) And his wife Isabella Scullion (b 1 march, 1857 Ireland) they came with there two girls bretta ( bridget) (b august 11, 1881) And Isabella ( b february 22, 1886). On the Montreal census of 1901 it says they immigratted in 1887. I dont know if they came all together , if they came with sibblings on the same boat like brother, mother, sister. There first child born in the province of Quebec Is Patrick Horan he was born on august 5th 1887. I also would Like to know why they left Ireland to go to Canada. Was there picture taken of the passenger? I dont have any pictures of my great grand mother Isabella Scullion. Thank you for your Help

Answer from Find My Past: 

Hi there. There weren't usually photographs included on passenger lists but if they were naturalized, those records could include photographs. As Canada and Ireland were both part of the British Empire at the time, often, there were no passenger lists kept as border control was not established between the two countries. The best option would be to track down private shipping companies who operated voyages between Ireland and Canada at the time and see if they kept records. 

Posted Thu 22 Sep 2016 3:28 PM
Question