This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Jeremiah Darby Noonan & Ellen Spain

Jeremiah Darby Noonan & Ellen Spain

Author
Posted Thu 22 Sep 2016 5:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Trying to connect my husbands 3rd ggrandfather to his home in Ireland. I found a marriage for them in Nenagh in 1823 - but no place of birth for them just the witnesses names.They immigrated to Canada very shortly after that - possibly just after the birth of their son Thomas. Family lore says Thomas was born in Ireland but I have found nothing to prove this.
We are traveling to Ireland in October and plan to spend a couple of days in the Nenagh area - hoping we can find a home for Jeremiah.
PS family history passed down from Jeremiah says he was from Conchlap, Tipperary - but I haven't been able to find that place name.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Sep 2016 6:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)Inactive User (51K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Hello Patti!
It will be such a special trip for your husband to visit Ireland, the land of his ancestors.
The civil registration in Ireland was introduced in 1864. Before that time all records were kept at the local parish churches. Nowadays,all remaining records from this time have been collected in the Genealogical Centre assigned to their county. I would recommend you to get in touch with the genealogical centre in Co. Tipperary, as well, they might provide you details about the town you are looking for, as I couldn't find modern evidence. You will find more tips on this thread Helpful Research Tips”.
I hope it helps.