This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Christmas Week in Ireland

Christmas Week in Ireland

Author
Respected User
Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 23 Jan 2018 12:50 AM Visits: 33
Hello Martin!

Thank you so much for information . We have decided to come Dec. 21 - Jan 4.

We are thinking of not booking any tours ( if any) instead we will just go with the flow . 🙏🏽

Rena.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 4:05 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 9:40 AM Visits: 3.8K
Hello Rena,

Excellent news on deciding the dates of your stay with us, a great time you will have I'm sure!

Have you decided on where you will be staying?

One thing that I would recommend, is pre-booking your Christmas Day evening dinner as pubs and restaurants will be closed for the whole of the day and hotels limited.

Martin
Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 7:30 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Respected User
Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)
Canada
Hello Martin,
Oh good idea. Ok so do you have any suggestions of where we should book for Christmas 🎄 eve for a nice hotel or B&B? If everything is closed on Christmas Day maybe we should get a hotel with a kitchenette so we can eat ourselves then ? This is so exciting !

Rena
Posted Sun 14 Jan 2018 2:12 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)Community Expert (49.5K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 9:40 AM Visits: 3.8K
Hi Rena,

It would be a very good idea to have either a Hotel with a restaurant that is open or some sort of self-catering accommodation indeed!

Where will you be based during your time with us? Will you be traveling around or taking day trips during your stay?

Martin
Posted Sun 14 Jan 2018 8:10 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)Industry Member (23.5K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 11 Oct 2019 3:10 PM Visits: 452
Hi Rena

There is something indescribably magical about Christmastime in Ireland.  Every city, town and village is lit up by Christmas lights and decorations, shop windows are adorned with stunning festive displays and most importantly, the Irish people welcome home family and friends and offer a warm Ceád Míle Fáilte to visitors.

Christmastime in Ireland

Have you considered staying in a Bed and Breakfast accommodation on your visit Rena? It is the perfect way to experience the real Ireland as you will be staying in a family-run B&B home where you will be immersed in their Irish traditions and culture. B&B hosts offer a friendly and personalised service.

Experience the real Ireland

The only thing I would say Rena is that some of our homes close over the Christmas period, so if you are thinking of staying in a B&B, book well in advance to ensure that you have your accommodation secured. Once booked, you can liaise with the B&B host who will advise what restaurants and pubs are open on Christmas Day and can pre-book a table for you if desired. 

Book your B&B stay 

Hope this information helps you Rena. You have a wonderful trip to Ireland to look forward to. I hope it is everything you dreamed of and more!

Regards
Claire
B&B Ireland
Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 11:50 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:52 AM Visits: 272
Hi Rena,
If you are visiting Ireland why not take a Railtour with Railtours Ireland.
We run a selection of day and overnight tours all around the country taking in some of the most popular tourist attractions like the Cliffs of Moher and the Giants Causeway.
A full range of our tours can be found here: https://railtoursireland.com/travel-tours
We use fast comfortable trains for all our tours to see the length and breath of the country.
Railtours Ireland - Car Free Care Free.
Kind Regards
Mervyn

Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 12:01 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Respected User
Canada
Thank you so much Claire and Melvyn!

Yes I do hope to stay in a B&B a couple nights of my trip! I use to work at one when I lived at MN, USA. I will do my research !

And I definitely will check out the railway tours! Do you think they would be running during Christmas ?
All this information is so helpful!!

Rena 🤗
Posted Tue 16 Jan 2018 1:18 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:52 AM Visits: 272
Hi Rena,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes we run tours all year round including Christmas week.  On Christmas week we we will be closed from the 23rd to the 27th.
We shall be open every other day running tours the length and breath of Ireland.
You can view our wide range of tours here: https://railtoursireland.com/travel-tours
All our tours depart from Dublin which is a great departure point with so much to see and do.
I hope this will help you with your planned trip to Ireland.
Kind Regards
Mervyn

Posted Tue 16 Jan 2018 1:35 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Respected User
Canada
Thanks again Mervyn. Will definitely check it out!

Can someone tell me what the temperature was this past Christmas 🎄 in and around Ireland? Just so I know what to pack next Christmas.

Also , when renting a car 🚗, is the drivers side only and always on the left side ? We have ours on the right side .

If there is snow , are there horse drawn buggy’s rides available ?

Thanks again
Rena .
Posted Wed 17 Jan 2018 1:41 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:16 AM Visits: 4.1K
Hi Rena,

It is always hard to know what to pack when traveling and this is why we have the perfect video to help! 🛄

Last Christmas, it was cold but rarely below 32°F. We have a great article on the Irish weather that I am sure will give you more information.
Regarding the snow, it can impact some attraction like Horse Drawn Buggy, but this depends on how heavy the snow is on the trail.
Where are you thinking to do this Rena? 

Regarding the driving, renting cars will be with the driver seat on the left.
I had to change from driving on the right to driving on the left as well, and the fact that the driver seat is on the left side does help.
You will see, you will adjust to the driving very quickly. 

Elodie
Posted Wed 17 Jan 2018 2:34 PM
Question