This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Christmas Week in Ireland

Christmas Week in Ireland

Author
Respected User
Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 23 Jan 2018 12:50 AM Visits: 33
Thank you Eloise! That’s a big help!

Ok here is a question, can someone please give me a list of ten places I JUST Have to see when I am there this Christmas . And that will be available to see ! Then I am starting my itinerary.

Rena
Posted Sat 20 Jan 2018 1:38 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)Industry Member (20.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:52 AM Visits: 272
Hi Rena
Lucky you- planning your Holidays.
I would recommend the Cliffs of Moher as one of your must see's and also the Giants Causeway.
You can view our tours online at www.railtoursireland.com
or you  can email us at info@railtoursireland.com if you have any questions on our tours.
Kind Regards,
Peter

Posted Sat 20 Jan 2018 3:32 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)Community Expert (24.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 10:16 AM Visits: 4.1K
It is hard only to give you 10 things to not miss Rena! 😄

Thanks Peter for your recommendation. Anyone else has excellent ideas?

Rena, Could I ask you what are you the most interested in?
Are you dreaming of the green and wild landscape, maybe more the Castles and historic sites?

You could prioritize the city visits before or after the bank holiday. Like this, you will be able to enjoy the buzz of the city and atmosphere of the local pub. During the Bank holidays, maybe go for a drive to enjoy some of Ireland's most iconic trips

Posted Sun 21 Jan 2018 2:18 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)Industry Member (20.6K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 2 days ago @ 4:53 PM Visits: 1.6K

Hi Rena,

Elodie was mentioning iconic trips.  May I recommend you check out the CausewayCoastal Route, which together with Belfast was voted Best in Travel 2018 by Lonely Planet.  This route stretches between Belfast and Derry/Londonderry and is studded with beautiful sights along its length – see a few of them here http://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/Portals/0/downloads/CCRMap2016.pdf. 

The most famous sight is undoubtedly the Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland’s UNESCO World Heritage Site.  While the Giant’s Causeway visitor facilities are closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, it is still possible to access the famous hexagonal basaltic stones as well as the cliff-top pathway, although for the full experience you could plan to visit the Giant’s Causeway when it is open.  Similarly, while the Mussenden Temple will be closed over Christmas, it is possible to walk around Downhill Demesne and enjoy the stunning views over the countryside with Downhill Beach below, as well as the view across the sea towards Donegal.  Indeed the long sandy beaches, for example, as at The White Rocks and Portstewart, are always open, as well as The Dark Hedges and Ballintoy harbour, just some of many locations in Northern Ireland used in filming the Game of Thrones series.  

If you would like to know more about this beautiful area, or indeed obtain help in booking accommodation, please get in touch with us at Coleraine Visitor Information Centre.

I hope you have a terrific trip!

Kind regards,

Mary.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2018 1:02 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)Industry Member (9.2K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:37 PM Visits: 445
Hi Rena

As a few others have suggested visiting the Causeway Coast and Giant's Causeway, you may be interested in visiting the only completely walled city in Ireland; Derry-Londonderry. The Causeway Coastal Route stretches between Derry-Londonderry and Belfast so this may be a convenient trip for you.

Derry-Londonderry is an excellent cultural location with a series of visitor attractions steeped in history. These include the likes of the 17th Century City Walls, Guildhall, World Famous Murals, St Columb’s Cathedral as well as many fascinating museums and exhibitions. Many of these will remain in operation throughout the Christmas period, particularly attractions such as the 17th Century City Walls which remain public landmarks. The city also provides great options for tours, leisure, shopping and dining as well as excellent accommodation options should you choose to spend the night here. The city provides the perfect base for exploring Ireland as we are located on the gateway to Donegal/Wild Atlantic Way and the Causeway Coastal Route. More detailed information on what the city has to offer can be found in our official visitor guide here

We would also invite you to contact us should you have any inquiries or questions at all. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

Barry 

Web: www.visitderry.com
Tel: +44 (0) 28 7126 7284
Email: info@visitderry.com
Posted Mon 22 Jan 2018 2:28 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Respected User
Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)Respected User (1.7K reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 23 Jan 2018 12:50 AM Visits: 33
Thank you Peter, Elodie, Barry and Mary! This is so helpful !! I am taking notes of everything! And yes I will contact you if I need more help!!

Rena
Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 12:52 AM
Question