This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Dog Friendly Destinations

Dog Friendly Destinations

Author
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (760 reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 4 Nov 2016 9:01 AM Visits: 41
Hello!

As an avid Ireland explorer and proud Puppy Momma, I love to to travel taking my pooch everywhere I possibly can. That being said, I thought it would be neat to try to collect as much information about dog-friendly Irish places as possible! :)

I was thinking I would start with Belfast and the surrounding area, since that's where I roam the most, but would love to read everyone's suggestions for tried and proven puppy friendly accommodations, locations, pubs, restaurants and markets on the island of Ireland!

Here are (the very few) places Riker (my pup) and I have already been together:

The Dock Market, Titanic Quarter (open every other Saturday)
NI Railways trains (T&C's apply, but basically as long as pup behaves, is on the floor, on a leash, dry and clean there's no trouble)
Scooby Brew Cafe, Bangor (Dog friendly Cafe; lunch for people biscuits & water for the Pooches)
Inn on the Coast, Portrush (We've not been there together, but I have seen doggies happily being served there!)

While we haven't had a chance to explore much together (yet), we have also hear about the following great places:

Aether & Echo Pub, Belfast
The Sunflower Pub, Belfast
The Salty Dog, Pub & Restaurant, Bangor
Anchorage Bistro, Holywood

What other great places do you all know of? Not just around Belfast, but all around the island!! Can't wait to see everyone's suggestions! :D

Posted Fri 4 Nov 2016 9:03 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (859 reputation)
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 4 Nov 2016 3:51 PM Visits: 28

Hi Saoirse, 

Welcome to the community! 

I found a website that offers 24 dog friendly listings in the Northern Ireland category. If you have a look here, you can find dog-friendly properties, but we can also recommend your fantastic dog-friendly walksAnd here is a list of places that you can dine with your dog. Isn't that just cool?

It must be amazing to be a proud Puppy Momma. Enjoy your time with your lovely sweetheart.

All the best

Zoey

Posted Fri 4 Nov 2016 3:49 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:14 PM Visits: 444
Hi Saoirse

It's hard to leave one of the family behind when going on holiday! So may I suggest that you consider staying in Pet Friendly B&B accommodation. B&B Ireland have bed & breakfast homes that welcome pets throughout Ireland. Pet Friendly B&Bs offer the perfect solution so that you can bring your pets to Ireland. Pet Friendly B&Bs offer suitable sleeping areas for pets and secure pet runs/fenced areas, catering specifically for you and your pets needs!

Click to view Pet Friendly Bed and Breakfasts

Bring your pet on holidays

I hope this information helps and that you and pooch have a wonderful holiday in Ireland!
Regards
Claire

Posted Mon 7 Nov 2016 11:50 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:18 PM Visits: 76
www.shepherdsrestpub.com welcomes you.
Posted Mon 7 Nov 2016 1:11 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 21 May 2019 1:22 PM Visits: 981
Hi Saoirse

The following web links may be of interest to you:

Places to dine with pets: http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Places-to-Dine-with-Pets-A3854
Dog friendly properties: http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Dogs-Welcome-Scheme-and-dog-friendly-properties-A4025
Pet places: http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Pet-Places-A856

Visit Belfast

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2017 11:32 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)Industry Member (13.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 12 hours ago Visits: 710
Hi Saoirse
It looks like you are focusing on Northern Ireland for this trip, but if you are ever tempted to explore the Wild Atlantic Way, we would only be too happy to take you and Riker on board our ships for a trip to the Aran Islands, we love our four-legged passengers - just ask Obie (or maybe his owner) he's one of our biggest customers (literally, cos he's a Deerhound ;))

You can check our Facebook page for more canine endorsements: Doggies on Board

Enjoy your trip!
All the best
Joan

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-01-2017/cd644b9d-fd52-4106-95e0-90a7.jpg

Posted Tue 10 Jan 2017 3:26 PM
Question