This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Car renting in Dublin

Car renting in Dublin

Author
Inactive User
Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Hello!

I have a question about the car renting.
I'm planing to come to the Dublin in March, April or May. We would like to have a 4 day road tripp in Ireland.
So I really like to rent a car but here is the big but.
I'm 27 years old and I got driving licence in June 2016. So if I come it means that my licence is 9-11 months old (tepends of arrival).

I have looked so many rental companies, but they all want 2-8 years old licences.
What would be a solution for me? Is any comapies who don't require so long licence owning?

Thank You!
Eline
Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 7:39 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)Industry Member (2.2K reputation)
United States
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 31 Jul 2018 9:36 PM Visits: 46
Hi Eline, 

How wonderful that you are traveling to Ireland!

Our preferred car rental supplier is Hertz - you must hold a license that is valid for 1 year ... any chance you can stretch your dates?

We offer custom tour itineraries for self-drive vacations so please feel free to contact me to help plan this dream vacation! Our head office is in Dublin but I am based in our NY Office so feel free to email me: mary.oregan@special-ireland.com or call our toll free #.

Best,

Mary O'Regan
Specialized Travel Services
800-66-IRISH
www.special-ireland.com
Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 2:57 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 6 hours ago Visits: 3.9K
Hi Eline

That’s great to hear that you are planning to come to Dublin in the spring next year, we are sure you will find plenty to see and do.

With regard to the renting of cars in Ireland, age requirements and length of Full licence will vary and all car rental companies will feature the information in the Terms and Conditions section of their website, which I’m sure you have found out already.

Have you considered a day tour by coach? Or even getting on a train for the day? There are plenty of trips you can do from Dublin and return or try and link a few destinations together such as Cork or Galway and even up to Belfast.

I hope this has given you food for thought, but if not feel free to post again for some more assistance :)
Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 3:44 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)Industry Member (5.4K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:23 PM Visits: 70
Hi Eline,

Does your partner have a driving licence for longer? 2 years is pretty much the industry standard for car rental companies in Ireland. 

Ronan 
Posted Fri 2 Dec 2016 3:35 PM
Question