I'd really like to go caravanning in Ireland - what do I need to know?

I'd really like to go caravanning in Ireland - what do I need to know?...

Author
Posted Wed 7 Dec 2016 5:23 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Caravanning around Ireland is a blissful experience – experiencing the sights and sounds of this beautiful island as you traverse the roads along our wonderful touring routes is the ultimate in relaxing whilst you see Ireland.

For routes, we recommend the Wild Atlantic Way, the 2,500-km touring route along Ireland’s west coast, or Ireland’s Ancient East, for stunning landscapes and beauty spots close to Dublin. Sample Northern Ireland as well, and drive up to the Causeway Coastal Route, to see the legendary Giant’s Causeway.

The roads here have lots of twists and turns, so build extra time in to your trip for any difficult laneways or roads – it can be treacherous in areas where there’s been little or no renovation, and if the weather is bad, so do be careful!

In terms of where to stay, there are lots of caravan parks around the island – the Caravan and Camping Council of Ireland have the full list, which you can check out here.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/07-12-2016/84819787-c649-469e-9584-c320.jpg

If you have your own vehicle that you’d like to bring, there are various ferry options when travelling to Ireland. For more information about all the ferry operators and connections available click here.

But if you want to hire your own caravan or campervan, you could hit the road with a groovy Volkswagen campervan, or bring the whole family in an ultra-modern campervan. For something truly alternative, various providers offer holidays where you travel around by horse-drawn caravan. Click here for a list.  

The Camping Key Europe (CKE) card is accepted by many campsites and caravan parks in Ireland. Cardholders often get discounted rates.Remember that when you’re in Ireland, driving on the left is the done thing. It may feel strange at first, but be careful, take it slow, and you’ll pick it up in no time!