This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

I love winter – but I don’t love the cold! Where are some roaring firesides I can enjoy in Ireland?

I love winter – but I don’t love the cold! Where are some roaring...

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)Community Expert (541 reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 5 May 2017 5:09 PM Visits: 7
“When night stirred at sea and the fire brought a crowd in…”

Austin Clarke certainly set the scene with his opening line to “The Planter’s Daughter”, one of Ireland’s best-loved poems. There’s just something a little special about curling up beside a glowing turf fire here, breathing in the gentle, earthy scent and listening to the winter wind howling outside. We’ve lined up five of our favourite firesides on the island of Ireland – make sure to stop in on your visit!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-12-2016/6a724018-ae40-4edb-94e6-9ca.jpeg
  1. The Bulman, Kinsale, County Cork
    With the ocean less than 10 metres away, enjoying a winter’s pint in the Bulman means the sea spray literally comes to the door! This much-loved pub houses two fireplaces – and if you’re lucky, you’ll be there when the local fishermen pop in with the evening’s catch and roast fresh mackerel right in the hearth. Bliss!
  2. Bushmills Inn, County Antrim
    A stone’s throw from the Giant’s Causeway and the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Bushmills Inn is the perfect place to return to after a bracing winter’s walk. Pull up a chair, warm your hands by the inglenook fire and warm your belly with a glass of the hotel’s private cask malt.
  3. Ballynahinch Castle Hotel, County Galway
    Plush and elegant, Ballynahinch is the epitome of countryside charm. From the log fire to the antique furnishings, this is where you come to savour a warming Irish coffee – in style.
  4. Blackhead Lightkeeper’s House, County Antrim
    There’s simply nothing more romantic than a cliffside stay on a stormy night, fire crackling as you gaze out over the quiet water.
  5. The Library Bar, Dublin
    Step out of the hustle and bustle, pile up your shopping and sink into a fireside armchair in the Library Bar, one of Dublin’s most welcoming and comfortable spots.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 2016 10:16 AM
Question