This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Public grilling in Ireland allowed?

Public grilling in Ireland allowed?

Author
I'm into this
I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)I'm into this (390 reputation)
Europe
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 25 Feb 2017 11:14 AM Visits: 2
Hello together!
I and a couple of friends are gonna make one week holiday in Ireland at the end of March. We would like to grill on a beach. Is this allowed?
Thanks for your help
Tags
Posted Sat 25 Feb 2017 9:45 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)Community Expert (3K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Visitor Last Active: Thu 3 Aug 2017 12:20 PM Visits: 227
Hello Tobias and welcome to the community!

I'm very happy to hear that you'll be coming to Ireland soon and would be happy to advise you with this. Bye laws in the country do vary and different beaches may have certain regulations. However, generally barbecues are permitted on Ireland's beaches, as they are contained. Non-contained fires are not permitted.

Before going planning this, I would suggest getting in touch with the local council for wherever you'll be visiting - they would be able to provide more definitive advice on this matter. You can find all Irish local authorities here.

I hope this information proves useful and, most of all, I hope you have a fantastic stay in Ireland!

All the best,

Gerard
Posted Sat 25 Feb 2017 3:31 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Esteemed User
Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)Esteemed User (2.2K reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 10 May 2018 9:40 AM Visits: 21
I would have never thought to ask this and I am glad you did OP. Thank you for the information, Gerard. I am making a note of this myself.
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 5:55 PM
Question