This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Information Cupples family name

Information Cupples family name

Author
Inactive User
Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
I am researching further to what I already know. My grandfather was David Cupples, born December 22, 1874 in Ballymena, Co. Antrim. Would like more information regarding his siblings and their descendants! Thank you so much for any assistance!
Posted Mon 8 Feb 2016 6:52 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)Inactive User (9.8K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Hi Linda!
In 1864 civil registration was introduced in Ireland, which is when we start seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions and deaths. These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO), to this day. I would like to recommend that you reach out to GRO to see what records they have about your grandfather. https://goo.gl/qOe6tJ
Once you have gathered as much information as you can from the GRO, I would recommend that you reach out to the genealogical centres of the counties where your grandfather's descendants were born (details that the documents from GRO should reveal), since any surviving church and parish records from before 1864 have been stored in this way. You can find the contact details of all genealogical centres here: http://goo.gl/4v7F9I

I hope this helps. :)
Posted Mon 8 Feb 2016 10:26 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)Industry Member (21.9K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 28 Oct 2019 10:42 AM Visits: 1K

Hi Linda

There are a few places you could try in Northern Ireland for information on ancestry.  The first one is the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland www.proni.gov.uk.  You might also like to try the Ulster Historical Foundation www.ancestryireland.com or Family Ulster www.familyulster.com. 

Hope this helps you trace your grandfather’s family.

Posted Tue 9 Feb 2016 11:42 AM
Question