This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Age limit for car rental

Age limit for car rental

Author
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (775 reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 31 Mar 2017 4:55 PM Visits: 2
I'm planning a visit to Ireland this year or next year and I'll be 75 by then. I've been told that at 75 I might not be able to rent a car.  Can you confirm this?
Thanks.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2017 4:45 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)Community Expert (33.8K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 10 hours ago Visits: 2.9K
Hello Jack.

Welcome to the community!

First of all, it's great to hear that you are planning a trip to come and see us. Ireland is a wonderful place for a driving tour with so much beautiful coastline to explore.

I have included a link to Traveling in Ireland, which gives some good general information about driving in Ireland.

For your specific question, I have a link to our web page containing information about Renting a car in Ireland. It is still possible to rent a car, as Ireland has no upper limit to driving. However, rental companies may have additional requirements for someone over the age of 75.  I would suggest contacting various companies in advance to make sure you meet these requirements.

We have several posts regarding car rental on our forum, take a look at these to see if they offer additional information.

Car Rental
Car Rental in Ireland

I will also leave it open for other community members to add their own experiences and information.

Happy travels,

Martin

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2017 9:17 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (775 reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 31 Mar 2017 4:55 PM Visits: 2
Thanks Martin for the fast reply.  I've used the Dan Dooley firm on previous visits, and see that they don't have such a limit. 
Thanks again

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2017 4:57 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)I'm hooked (511 reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 29 Jul 2018 7:38 PM Visits: 11
I did use Dan Dooley, the car was an old ford, obviously consider that is all we are worth!
Posted Mon 2 Apr 2018 8:17 AM
Question