Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Author
Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 10:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 32 minutes ago Visits: 21.9K
Hi there and welcome!
Tell us more about yourself and what brought you to the ireland.com Community.
Create a new topic if you want to share stories about your travels to the island of Ireland or join the discussion about all things Irish.
If you wish to ask questions about your upcoming travel please go to Planning your trip.

If you have questions about your Irish roots, please visit Ireland Family History.

Before contributing we kindly request you read the community guidelines, which you you can find here: House rules.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 12:37 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am retired professional and planning a trip to Ireland in 2018 along with 3 other friends.  We are all from New Mexico and have traveled to Europe (continent) but not Ireland.  I have traveled both with a tour group and individually so am looking forward to hearing about the pros and cons of each in Ireland.   We all have questions, so we are happy to see this blog to help us plan a memorial trip.
kerry

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 10:35 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Kerry,

Glad to see that you've already created some threads here seeking information for a possible trip in the future.  It's really great!  Hopefully, you will gather some great inspiration and we hope to be seeing you sometime next year!

Best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 17 Aug 2017 1:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Nancy,

It's great to see that you've joined us here!  Hopefully, you have had the opportunity to explore some of the great topics we have here on the Community to gather some ideas for your trip in July 2018.  I would like to invite you to create a new thread, by clicking the 'Create a discussion' button.  We would love to hear more about your plans, such as where you are planning to explore?

Do not hesitate to have a look at older threads as well as they are filled with great information and suggestions.
For example this one from Tan who was planning a driving trip of 10days last July. 

I am sure our community members would be happy to share suggestions and tips with you too!

All the best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 Nov 2017 6:32 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm Singaporean by birth but living in Pakistan as expat for my family jewellery business. I am moving to Ireland after 3 months. I am happy to see your community portal. Amazing Irish people here helping others. I must share my thoughts with you guys.  I am traveler I've been in Ireland 3 times before.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jan 2018 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
i Love My Bloodline i Am Half, Irish/American/Italian/African, And More, i Love Irish Music And i Love The Irish Community, It Make's Me Proud To Be a Half Irish, i Am a Irish Descent,
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jan 2018 2:57 PM
View Quick Profile
i Maybe Living In The Philippines Asian Country, But That Doesn't Make Me An Asian Person, Maybe i Will Get To Visit Ireland Someday In The Future, i Was Born In America, North America, Paterson NJ, Near By, New York, (Dec/9/1993)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jan 2018 3:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello everyone ...well I'm Bill and I have lived all my life in County Clare.  I was born on the farm where I live today with my family.  It is too small to earn a living from so I thought of the idea of bringing visitors to the Aran Islands from Doolin...when asked by 2 visiting Americans how would they get there...well I said, I'll take you and so began my business and the very popular route between Doolin and the Aran Islands.  

What I love about my job is meeting all of you.  Make sure you come and say hi when yo make it to Doolin.  

Happy travels.  Bill 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jan 2018 3:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
@Alexander,

Have ever looked into your family history?

We have many members who have done some research on their Ancestors and then came to Ireland to visit some of their family members birthplace for example.

We have some great thread that might inspire you to start your own research!
Tracing your Irish Ancestors: A Three-step Guide
The success story of the Moyne Laghey Kee family

@Bill, what a great story and thanks for all the great tips you are sharing with all our members!

Elodie
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jan 2018 7:24 PM
View Quick Profile
i Like To Take a Special Test To Trace My Family Bloodline, But South East Asia, Are Too Poor, They Can't Afford To Buy a Technology, To Find Ways To Help People Find There Family Bloodline, If You Know What i Am Talking About, It's More Then Just Looking Into It, We May Need DNA And Special Test To Find Our Ancestors Bloodline And History About Them, How Can We Look Into It, Almost All My Family Are All Dead, My Grandma Died Last Year, She Was The Last Of The Irish Blood Line, My Grandma Mother Was Pure Irish, It's Ashamed That We Can't Hold There Hand, Now There Dead, :(