This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Require transfers in Northern Ireland July 19 - 28

Require transfers in Northern Ireland July 19 - 28

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)I'm hooked (429 reputation)
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 8 May 2017 3:14 PM Visits: 7
Hello from Canada!

We are 8 golfers visiting Northern Ireland in July.  We have arranged our golf and accommodation and are looking for a driver with van(s) or mini-bus who can provide transfers for our group:

July 19 – 1:30pm pick up at BHD, drop off in Newcastle. (3 people with golf clubs + luggage).
July 19 -  5pm pick up at BHD, drop off in Newcastle. (5 people with golf clubs + luggage).
July 21 – 8am pick up in Newcastle, drop off at Ardglass Golf Club (8 people with golf clubs).
July 21 – 4pm pick up at Ardglass, drop off in Portrush (8 people with golf clubs).
July 25 – 8am pick up in Portrush, drop off at Ballyliffin Golf Club (8 people with golf clubs).
July 25 – 5pm pick up at Ballyliffin, drop off in Portrush (8 people with golf clubs).
July 28 – 3:30am pick up at Portrush, drop off at BHD (4 people with golf clubs + luggage).
July 28 – 5:30am pick up at Portrush, drop off at BHD (4 people with golf clubs + luggage).

Our budget is for utility not luxury.  Any resources would be most helpful!  Thanks in advance

Posted Fri 5 May 2017 8:00 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)Community Expert (50.7K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 3.9K
Hello Jon,

Welcome to the community.

It's great to hear that you and your friends are visiting Northern Island to play a few rounds of golf with us. You certainly have picked some stunning places to play.

I have a link to our list of Irish Tour Operators, some of which specialize in golf tours, for you to take a look at and see if any can offer you what you require.

I see from your itinerary that you have a few days to spare for a little sight seeing. I have a link to County Down for you to take a look at while you are in the Newcastle area. When in Portrush, you may well fancy a walk over to Bushmills and a visit to see Old Bushmills Distillery.

I will leave it to our other community members to add any other recommendations on transport and things to do in your non-golfing days.

Best of luck and let us know who won!

Best wishes

Martin

Posted Fri 5 May 2017 9:39 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)Industry Member (383 reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Dec 2018 12:13 PM Visits: 2
Try the ever lovely David Irwin at Compass Coach Travel. Very professional and reliable and knows Northern Ireland like the back of his hand.
Posted Tue 13 Jun 2017 6:58 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)Industry Member (13.1K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 10 May 2019 2:05 PM Visits: 174
Hi Jon,

You could also try Sam at Classic Coaches, they are based nearby to the Royal County Down course. Email : enquiries@classiccoach.co.uk

Sandra. 
Posted Fri 11 May 2018 9:29 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)Industry Member (1K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 14 May 2018 5:40 PM Visits: 11
Hi,
We do this every day as we are the tour operators based in Northern Ireland and members of Royal Portrush Golf Club.
Please email your requirements to info@TheGolfPA.com
Many thanks,
Patrick Aiken
Managing Director - www.TheGolfPA.com

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 12:30 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)Industry Member (21.1K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:32 AM Visits: 1.6K
Dear Jon,

Sounds like you have an excellent golfing trip planned for July!  You have enquired about transfers for your group.  There are a few companies in the Causeway Coast and Glens region that may be able to provide the service you require such as Lynchpin Tours, The Golf PA, Dalriada Kingdom Tours and Glenara Elite Tours & Travel.  If you would like to find out more about the service they provide, please contact them directly.  There are a couple of taxi companies here that can transfer groups from one place to another in small mini-buses.  For more information about this please get in touch with us at: colerainevic@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk 

I notice you are spending a few days in the Portrush area and I would like to give you a few non-golfing ideas for your time off the course.  There are quite a few attractions dotted around the coastline.  These are located within several miles of the seaside town of Portrush, most of which can be easily reached by the Causeway Rambler Bus - 172/402.  For £8 you can purchase a hop-on, hop-off ticket that lasts for the full day.  The bus will take you to the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Dunluce Castle; Bushmills Whiskey Distillery where you can avail of tours of the whiskey making process and even tasting tours and Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge.  If you would like to learn more about what there is to see and do in the Causeway Coast and Glens, please visit our web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com  

You are spoilt for choice when it comes to eating out in Portrush as there is a good variety of excellent restaurants and pubs in the town, many with great views over the Atlantic Ocean.

If you find yourselves in Coleraine, please call in to the Visitor Information Centre and pick up some free literature about the area.  We would be happy to help you in any way we can.

Kind regards,
Anne

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 3:27 PM
Question