This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Planning First Trip

Planning First Trip

Author
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 16 May 2017 8:34 PM Visits: 18
My lady and I want to stay in a castle for a romantic get away. Thinking of Castle Leslie. Any pros or con's? Any better places?
Tags
Posted Fri 5 May 2017 7:00 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)Community Expert (48.5K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 6 hours ago Visits: 3.7K
Hello Robert,

Welcome to the community!

Well, you have certainly picked a beautiful place to stay in choosing Castle Leslie for your romantic castle get away. Set in 1000 acres of rolling parkland with ancient trees and glittering lakes teeming with wildlife. There is plenty to keep you busy on the Estate grounds. If you decide to venture into the surrounding area, County Monaghan has lots of beautiful countryside to explore. Located just on the border, it is possible to take day trips to Belfast, Derry~Londonderry, Dublin and other places of course!

We also have information on our website on Castle accommodation that you might want to take a look at.

I will leave our other community members to add any recommendations they may have.

Regards

Martin

Posted Fri 5 May 2017 8:20 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)Industry Member (2.9K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 11 Jun 2019 7:18 AM Visits: 48
Good morning Robert
I work at Lough Eske Castle in Donegal so please let me know if you need anything my email is sinead.mcgowan@solishotels.com
I have no doubt whichever castle you choose, your stay will be an excellent one
kind regards
Sinead

Posted Mon 8 May 2017 9:05 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)Industry Member (3.7K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 21 Feb 2018 12:39 PM Visits: 65
Good morning Robert,

If you are planning on travelling further down towards the Midlands during your stay in Ireland why not add a stay with us at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, near Birr, County Offaly.  We are situated in a beautiful location at the foot of the Slieve Bloom Mountains and are very central in Ireland, only 90 minutes drive from Dublin and Galway.  The Midlands and Ancient East are beautiful parts of Ireland not to be missed.  In County Offaly alone we have lots to see and do including Birr Castle & Gardens, Lough Boora Parklands and the Slieve Bloom Mountains for those scenic hikes and perfect photo opportunities.

Our website shows our latest availability and rates, but if you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email on clair@kinnittycastlehotel.com 
www.kinnittycastlehotel.com

Wishing you a very pleasant and enjoyable stay in Ireland.

Regards,
Clair Donogher
Posted Mon 8 May 2017 10:12 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)Industry Member (20.1K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:52 AM Visits: 272
Hello Robert,
Glad to see you are coming to Ireland for a getaway. Why not take a car free - care free tour around Ireland's best visitor locations with us! We are Railtours Ireland First Class and you can view our full extent of tours online here: https://railtoursireland.com/travel-tours
We hope you have a very enjoyable time in Ireland. 
Claire

Posted Mon 8 May 2017 10:46 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 16 May 2017 8:34 PM Visits: 18
Just wanted to update everyone. Will be staying at Kinnitty Castle, 3 nights. Haven't booked yet but will be. Shooting for October 2018. Looking so forward to it. The bedroom looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing the castle. We're also going to tour Leap castle while there, hopefully & do some site seeing. Will be the longest flight have ever been on, only my second. This is going to be the trip of a lifetime!
Posted Fri 12 May 2017 7:58 PM
Question