This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Pub Crawl

Pub Crawl

Author
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)I'm hooked (462 reputation)
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 28 May 2017 11:14 PM Visits: 10
Is anyone aware of pub crawls in Ireland were the tourist can be part of the entertainment?  I have a friend that is interested in playing in the various bars.  He is an Old Time Band banjo player and has always dreamed of playing in Ireland.  
Posted Sat 13 May 2017 1:56 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)Community Expert (50.8K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 6 hours ago Visits: 3.9K
Hi,

And a warm welcome to the community!

What an interesting question you have asked. There is a Traditional Musical Pub Crawl listed on our website, led by two professional musicians performing tunes and songs, while telling the story of Irish Music and its influences on contemporary world music and visiting famous pubs and bars in the Temple Bar area, in a private close proximity of each other.

There is also a website called Dublin Sessions, that lists the pubs in the Dublin area who have open mike nights. It's worth taking a look and seeing if any of these would suit your friend. I have also a link to a Traditional Irish Music page again from our website, which mentions places throughout the country where music is played, maybe take a look in these areas for pubs that offer sessions throughout the year.

I'm sure there will be members of the community, who will know of venues nearby that might offer what your friend is looking for.

Best of luck

Martin

Posted Mon 15 May 2017 1:14 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)Industry Member (5.2K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 26 Feb 2018 1:01 PM Visits: 78
Hi there
there will be no shortage of open sessions for your friend to join
to name a few in Dublin
The Villager, Chapelizod Wednesdays from 10pm, ask for Martin
Grace's Pub, Rathmines, Saturdays from 9.30pm or so ask for Doreen
Nancy Hands, Parkgate Street, from 9.30pm, ask for Niall
Darky Kellys, Christchurch Sundays not sure of the time, ask for Doreen

In Limerick
Dolans on the Dock Road, music, 7 nights a week, great gang of musicians, very welcoming, bit quieter week nights to join in

if you friend knows the direction he plans to take, can advise further
Enjoy!
Regards
Majella

Posted Thu 18 May 2017 10:04 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)Industry Member (5.5K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Sat 30 Jun 2018 1:40 PM Visits: 79
Hi there
you will also find sessions at The Anglers Rest, Strawberry Beds 7 nights a week, Hartigans on Leeson Street on Wednesdays and O'Donoghues, Baggot St 7 nights a week 
Enjoy!
Posted Mon 22 May 2017 7:01 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)Industry Member (4.6K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:18 PM Visits: 76
Hello sorry I am a little late to answer.
Yes tell me when you are coming and I will arrange to have a few other banjo player to play along with him and share some tunes. If it's at the weekend he will have a audiance but I think even if a banjo player hadn't a audiance and had a few liked minded banjo players around him he woulld  be happy so take a look at my website and plan a visit.

Colin  
www,shepherdsrestpub.com
Posted Fri 26 May 2017 5:05 PM
Question