What to do in Belfast?

What to do in Belfast?

Author
Posted Wed 7 Jun 2017 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
So you’re coming to Belfast, and want to pack in the very best of this shining city – what are the sights that you just can’t miss? 

Start with the heavy-hitters – Titanic Belfast is an absolute must-see, showcasing the history of the Ship of Dreams, exploring the tales of its passengers and commemorating the story that captured imaginations around the world. 

For something more atmospheric, explore the spooky tales that haunt the halls of Crumlin Road Gaol, one of the island’s most haunted sites. Brush up on your culture at the Ulster Museum where you can meet Ireland’s only dinosaur, or take a Black Taxi Tour for an unyielding look at the city’s long history with local guides. 
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/07-06-2017/2ba540fe-d3bb-4924-9915-f60e.jpg

For top eats, explore St George’s Market, where wonderful smells hang in the air and stalls sell totally unique artisan craft, before you take to the hills and walk off your lunch with a bracing ramble around Cave Hill Country Park, enjoying unparalleled views over Belfast. 

This city has something to offer everyone, and the only way to see them all is get here and experience it for yourself!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Sep 2021 3:13 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 9:01 AM Visits: 69
Belfast offers so much more than even the areas surrouding Belfast City Hall such as Donegall Square West Belfast
which is ozzing in history from historic buildings such as the old scottish provident building. The history about Belfast is fascinating - When i travel I love nothing more than to discover the bare bones of the City, how it evolved.  I would recommend a sightseeing tour which can give you a great overview of Belfast City.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Sep 2021 5:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Marty,

What a wonderful reply! 

I can tell that you have a lot of passion for Belfast and it's so wonderful to see you spread the word of this one-of-a-kind city. You're absolutely right that there's no shortage of historic landmarks and buildings to explore and enjoy!

In addition to your resources, there's also a helpful article right on the Ireland.com website that's all about things to do while in Belfast. It's full of fun suggestions! One of my favourite stops is the Ulster Museum, which I think any lover of history or art would appreciate as well. It also boasts the Girona Restaurant, which is always a treat to pop by.

If there's anywhere else you'd like to suggest for newcomers to Ireland, please feel free to do so! Your input and passion for Belfast is absolutely inspiring. 

I look forward to reading more about your love for this city!

Kindly,
Rochelle