This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Summer season in Ireland

Summer season in Ireland

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Mar 2016 12:06 PM Visits: 66
Irish weather can be unpredictable, from sunshine to showers in the space of half an hour! However, our climate is influenced by the Atlantic Ocean so we don’t get any extreme weather. The average temperature here is 50°F (10 degrees Celsius).

Summer in Ireland runs from May to July, and averages for highest temperatures are between 64°F and 68°F (18 – 20 degrees Celsius). The warmest months are July and August. You can expect 18 hours of daylight (it usually doesn’t get dark until 11pm). Late summer also brings humidity and the chances of thunderstorms and rain showers. If you’re worried about the weather getting in the way of your plans, you can get short-term forecasts from Met Éireann.

Ireland may not be tropical, but this doesn’t mean you should leave the sunscreen at home. Always wear a high factor SPF and don’t forget your sunhat.  It’s always a good idea to bring a light jacket as well – in case of those pesky summer showers! Don’t worry, during a rain shower you can always take refuge in a friendly pub and maybe grab a sneaky pint…

The lush green scenery, long evenings and a packed festival calendar make Ireland a perfect summer destination. Bonus: Ireland has plenty of FREE activities to fill your summer holidays: http://bit.ly/1KOfnXd

Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 6:08 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)I'm into this (295 reputation)
Australia
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 24 Mar 2016 8:35 PM Visits: 1
This was very helpful. I am from Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia, so anything below 30 degrees is cold for me! Now I know what to pack for my trip to Ireland, (the land of my ancestors, ), in July next year. Yep, winter gear!
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 8:39 PM
Question