This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Bridgette Poorer born 1863 Ballin Road Area married Edmund O'Sullivan Waterford area born 1861.

Bridgette Poorer born 1863 Ballin Road Area married Edmund O'Sullivan...

Author
Inactive User
Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
My ancestor was born in this area is there anyone I can contact with a view to helping me discover her family? Her name was Bridgette Poorer and she was from Ballin Road, Dungarven born 1863. her husband was Edmund O'Sullivan born in Waterford area 1861. Any help would be grateful appreciated........Dylan.

Posted Mon 7 Mar 2016 9:35 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Inactive User
Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)Inactive User (36.6K reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:42 AM Visits: 0
Hi Dylan!  Civil registration was first introduced in Ireland in 1864; before then records such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and burial records were kept in the local parish churches. Any remaining records from this time have now been collected in our nationwide Genealogical Centres, so this would be a great place to start! There is a Genealogical Centre located in each county, and you can find the contact details for the centre in Waterford by clicking here. After 1864, records would have been registered with the General Record Office of Ireland. We also have lots of great resources here on our website which I think you will find really useful. I hope this helps you with your research, Dylan! If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know! :)
Posted Mon 7 Mar 2016 5:05 PM
Question