I want to show Ireland to my teenagers in January...good or bad idea?

I want to show Ireland to my teenagers in January...good or bad idea?

Author
Posted Fri 15 Dec 2017 9:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Here's our itinerary:
We land in Shannon...Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle tour, music/ overnight in Ennis
Drive to Killarney and then Kenmare for the day. Early to bed.
Drive the Ring of Kerry clockwise and stay the night in Killarney.
Drive to Blarney Castle and then overnight in Tipperary.
Tour Cashel and then on to Dublin to return the rental car and explore.
On/Off bus tour of Dublin all day concluding with 5pm choral evensong at Christ Church Cathedral.

I was sent a Bed & Breakfast book and map back in 1999. Is there a website to order current ones? I am running into trouble finding places that have room for all three of us in one room, and I think I better have them all booked before we leave.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 16 Dec 2017 10:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
This sounds like a wonderful itinerary for you and your girls, Michelle!

We have some maps that we could send to you, I would like to invite you to send us an e-mail via our web form here, including your full address.

We have an approved accommodation search page on our website that may be of use to you regarding finding suitable accommodation. I have selected B&B and Ennis to start your search. Please, alter the destination field to choose the other areas you wish to stay. 
It may also be possible for the B&B owners to suggest alternative places to stay if they are unable to accommodate you themselves, do not hesitate to contact them.  

B&B Ireland have there own website that you could also try. Although they no longer produce a B&B brochure,  the search options give you the opportunity to select the number of people on top of the location to refine the search for suitable accommodation for you.

Is there any suggestion on sites to don't miss or activities to do along the way that you would like us and other community members to share with you?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:33 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Michelle, 

Sounds like a lovely idea, I think your teenagers will love Ireland. 

You seem to have the trip planned perfectly. Both the Ring of Kerry and the Cliffs of Moher are must-sees when you come to Ireland. However two other trips worth taking on your visit is the Giants Causeway driving route, and the Game of Thrones tour if your teenagers are fans of the show, this could be a really exciting trip for them.

I work for a car rental company, we offer rentals from Shannon and you can return to one of Dublin offices before you go for your convenience. 

We would like to offer you a 5% discount on your car rental booking. We really hope you and your family enjoy your trip to Ireland and look forward to heading how the trip went. 

Best Wishes, 

The team at Car Rental Ireland.