Visiting for 3 months

Visiting for 3 months

Author
Posted Sun 26 Nov 2017 2:10 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Robert,

I'm glad to hear that the scrapbook Elodie put together has been very helpful with your plans!

In regards to vehicle rental, there are a lot of options available to you.

Take a look at our vehicle rental in Ireland section, it has some really helpful information, as well as the option to search for rental companies across the island who can assist with arranging this for you.  In fact, we have some of them amongst us here on the Community, so you may hear from them directly.

I also wanted to share some nice suggestions that you may like to check out, as you've mentioned staying in Dublin for a month during your trip.  Have you thought about taking some day trips from Dublin?  We've compiled a list of 10-day trips that can be taken from Dublin, and all are in the surrounding area, making for an easy return to Dublin.

I hope this helps a little bit more with your plans - you're certainly going to be able to fit a lot into 3 months!

Be sure to keep us posted on how everything goes.

Speak soon,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 26 Nov 2017 3:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you for the info Colin! I will read and keep you updated!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Feb 2018 12:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Robert!

Almost here!

Thought to drop you a message before your big trip to wish you a great time in Ireland.

Remember, we are there if you need and don't forget to share some pictures and tips with us! 😊
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Feb 2018 9:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Elodie, 
I am truly amazed that you remembered my dates.  I will have some questions when I am in town, mostly regarding getting around.  I will email you once I am there and maybe you can guide me a little. 

Thank you,

Robert
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Feb 2018 11:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Of course, we remembered! 😊

The full community is here to help you, Robert!
So please do not hesitate to drop us a message if you need help.

I am looking forward to following your adventure. 😄

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Feb 2018 4:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Elodie, 
I hit Dublin today and I am looking for guidance about what I will do after my month in Dublin.  I have spoken with several people and all have told me different stories about whether I need a car or can do my goals with bus and train.  I would like to talk to someone about this and see what a locals point of view might be.  i would rather not spend $3000 on a car if I can avoid it, but need to map out a path for train/bus.  
Please let me know if this is something that you could guide me on or not. 
I have noticed that Airbnb's are filling up rather quickly for March and April, so I think that I need to have a plan rather soon, unless there are other options. 
Let me know and thank you so much for your input. 

Robert
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Feb 2018 7:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Robert,

The start of your 3-month visit is here, how time flies!

March and April are indeed busy months especially with St.Patrick's day and the start of the Easter Holidays. We have an approved accommodation search page that you may wish to use to find suitable accommodation once you have decided where to visit. It may also be that finding the accommodation first may create your itinerary depending on availability.

We have mentioned before the train provider is Irish Rail and the main coach/bus provider is Bus Éireann in the Republic of Ireland. From the major cities, there are scores of independent bus companies that you can use to connect with your destinations, as Lazy Days and Visit-Derry have already suggested. 

Transport for Ireland has an excellent journey planner that you could use to plot your journey across the island. By entering the start and destination, you will be able to see your provider options.

I have added some extra information to a new scrapbook, detailing day trips from Dublin and Galway and some extra information on public transport in Ireland. If you traveled to Galway for instance, then day trips from there would be a great way to see the Wild Atlantic Way coastline.

There are also tour companies that offer day tours to various locations from Dublin, Cork, and Belfast so these could be chosen as a possible base. I have added their information to your scrapbook too.

Have you any preferences to places that you would love to see?

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 11 Jul 2018 4:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Island of Ireland
Hey Robert,

It has been a while, and I am sure you are now back home and back to your daily routine after your big Irish trip.

So tell me all?! How did it go?

Looking forward to hearing all about it and of course, see your pics! 😉