Touring Ireland

Touring Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 7 Dec 2017 5:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi there! I will be visiting Ireland in March 2018 and would love to see both Northern and Southern Ireland and was wondering which tours may operate in order for me to do both? I will be in Ireland for about 8-9 Days. Do you have any suggestions of tour operators so I could see all of Ireland? Kind regards,Tina
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 8 Dec 2017 11:49 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello, Tina.

I love your eagerness to explore as much of Ireland as possible!

You are for sure able to fit in quite a bit across 8/9 days here on the island. However, firstly, I wanted to ask if you have any particular areas in mind?  There is a lot to cover - so it might be worthwhile considering where you would like to stop by.

You may like to have a browse at some of our trip ideas to gather some ideas of your own, and I am sure that many of our members will have specific ideas to share with you.

You are also very welcome to check out our extensive list of tourist board approved tour operators.  Many provide ready-made packages, although, many also offer bespoke tours, which would allow you to work with them on creating an itinerary that suits you.

I would be very interested in learning more about your areas of interest - it could help provide you with some nice ideas on how to spend your time whilst you are here in March.

Speak soon,

Colin

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Dec 2017 10:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Dear Tina,
Great to hear you are traveling to Ireland next year.
We are a tour operator providing Railtours throughout Ireland ranging from 1 - 11 days.
You can view all of our tours and packages online at www.railtoursireland.com
I would suggest taking our 6 day All Ireland tour which you can view online at - https://railtoursireland.com/train-tour/the-all-ireland-tour/dh371110
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email at info@railtoursireland.com with any queries.
Kind regards,
Fiona.

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Dec 2017 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K

Hi Tina,

I am delighted to read that you are planning to tour Ireland in March.

One of the routes you will definitely want to visit is the Causeway Coastal Route.  It stretches from Belfast all the way to Derry/Londonderry, and recently Belfast and the Causeway Coast have been named Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2018.    

McCombs Coach Tours operate out of Belfast and do day tours along the Causeway Coastal Route to the Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge before returning inland to Belfast.  https://www.mccombscoaches.com/tours/giants-causeway-tour 

Another option is provided by Glenara Elite Travel. Based in Coleraine this company runs smaller group tours every Wednesday and Saturday all year round which include the Mussenden Temple and Portstewart Strand, both west of the River Bann, as well as sights to the east at Dunluce Castle, the Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a rede, Ballintoy and the Dark Hedges.    http://glenara-elite-travel.co.uk/causeway-coastal-route-giants-causeway/

To locate these sights on a map and read a little about them, click on the following link. http://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/Portals/0/downloads/CCRMap2016.pdf   

Glenara Elite Travel also run a continuous four-day Causeway Coast Route Tour, starting in Belfast and finishing in Derry
/Londonderry with accommodation in three star hotels.  For more information please request a brochure from frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk.

If you have any further questions about the area or about accommodation, please feel free to contact us at Coleraine Visitor Information Centre.

I wish you a very pleasant trip!

Kind regards,

Mary.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 12:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Tina!

Just checking in to see how you're getting on with your holiday planning? Do you need any help with any further information surrounding tours on offer?

Thanks!

Shane

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Aug 2021 3:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 9:01 AM Visits: 69
When in Northern Ireland we used Belfast city tours and travelled on the Giants Causeway tour from Belfast

Also in the south of Ireland I would recommend Butlers, a fantastic company.
https://www.butlers-buses.com/

Ireland both North and South offer great value for any visitors, especially the North being that fair bit cheaper.