Ballinameen Roscommon

Ballinameen Roscommon

Author
Posted Fri 7 Feb 2020 9:42 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My grandmother was Mary Gray , the oldest of 11 children born to Honoria (Connor ) Gray, I have been successful in locating the information of each of the children , including the ones you show on the census records .. I am now trying to find any information on my great grandmother  Honoria Connor (  (Gray) who was married at 19 years old which makes her dob 1856.  
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Feb 2020 11:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Initial searches are bringing up some vague hits, Elizabeth, but nothing worth sharing at this stage.

In your previous posts you mentioned Ballinameen, do you know if Honoria was also from that area? 

As the main database is looking a little thin for this one, would you also happen to know which religion she was or better still, which church she belonged too? 

Any other information you have, no matter how insignificant, may help to find a lead.

I am ooking forward to seeing where this one leads,
G.

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Feb 2020 1:32 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I believe Honoria was Roman Catholic and since she was married in Ballinameen Church I believe she was from that area .
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 3:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
It stands a good chance indeed!

Records from that time would be held parish locations so maybe Ireland XO would be a good place to look for the church records for Ballinmeen. 

Roscommon Roots also has a great website for information on the County, again if not already, well worth a look.

Please keep us up to date with any new information you get, hopefully, some of our industry partners may be able to help too.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:29 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Portugal
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Oct 2021 7:47 PM Visits: 9
I am a Shannon from a townland 3 miles from Ballinameen, I am aware that our family had a Gray connection . My Mum's mum was an O’Connor, my father's mother was an O'Beirne.
Our family have lived in this location since approx. 1648 - this maybe of interest to you folk who are working on your research. Also my brother & me have done our DNA with Family Tree.
Una
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Feb 2020 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Thanks so much for sharing your information here, Una! It is wonderful that you have been able to trace your roots from this area this far back, and we hope it is helpful for Elizabeth too. :)

Thanks again, and feel free to share any other research tips or suggestions you may have here.