I’ve heard Ireland goes wild for rugby during the Six Nations in spring. What's this all about?

I’ve heard Ireland goes wild for rugby during the Six Nations in...

Author
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 3:10 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Ah, Rugby, loved almost as much as GAA and definitely as much as soccer/football on our sport-loving island. Between February and March is Six Nations season – an annual tournament that sees six of the northern hemisphere's rugby-playing nations go head to head. The six are England, Wales, Scotland, France, Italy and, of course, the all-island rugby team for Ireland.

If you're visiting, there's always a lot of buzz over match weekends – especially if it's a home game (played in the Aviva Stadium in Dublin). Don't despair about not getting a ticket, though – the atmosphere is electric everywhere! Even if we're not playing at home, walk into any pub and simply enjoy the craic.

Oh, and if you happen to be from any of the non-participating nations... feel free to cheer on those boys in green! The last match of the championship is on March 17 (England v Ireland), so you'll probably be wearing green anyway!

Anyone got any good places where visitors can watch the match when they come over?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-02-2018/e286e695-264b-4cbe-b3da-f0d2.jpg

Tags